"Resize window below cursor" only resizes from bottom-right.

Sorry, I think this is too hacky to be included as a standard feature.

that's rather unfortunate as this is the best way to resize a window

Would you at least let us know whether it's possible to have a single shortcut instead of a dozen? Can I bind a shortcut depending on the cursor position relative to the window, so that the same shortcut would

• resize top left corner if the mouse is in the top left area of a window (with user configurable width/height %)
  • resize bottom right corner if the mouse is in the bottom right area of a window

Also, is the following workflow possible:

1. enable resizing on some type of mouse click
  2. move your mouse to resize up to whatever you like
  3. use the same click as in 1. to finish the resizing and exit the workflow

I'm using key down / up events as triggers in the workflow above, but that requires holding down the key. Instead I'd like to have some kind of set variable true on first key press and then the second key press would only activate if he var is true and then change it back to false or something similar
I briefly looked into trigger variables, but couldn't find custom user vars for that, only system ones that contain some info on mouse position etc., but could've easily overlooked something

(Karabiner elements has this custom user var feature for exactly these types of workflows, and it's great to be able to have these custom conditions in keybinds)

Lastly, is it possible to set mouse position in % of window width/height rather than using absolute pixels?

I'm really no expert on such things, but I think the answer to most of your questions is yes.

But do you always know where the mouse is when you use a shortcut?

I haven't tested this, but spontaneously I would say there are more intuitive solutions if you want to use the keyboard.

Example: ⌥+s activates the "window mode". ⌥+s+a/d stands for left/right. ⌥+s+w/x stands for up/down. This can be fine-tuned as you like and should be possible with Key Sequences.

Not on my computer today, but this might help:

I don't need to know that, that's what the script fill figure out for me

[quote="Frank1, post:23, topic:10976"]
Example: ⌥+s activates the "window mode". ⌥+s+a/d stands for left/right[/quote]

This isn't more intuitive, left/right from which side of the window?

Yes, it does, thanks a bunch, much more convenient vs having to use 9 keys (though those are still included for those cases when you don't want to use a mouse)! This is much better (made a simplistic split by 3rds, though corners should arguably be smaller, need to use it more to see what % is best)

Then the only things remaining are:

• (major) convert this into a sequence, so you can trigger, resize/move, click (or shortcut) to exit instead of holding a button all the time. Requires being able to bind any key to a trigger "AnyKey" to cancel a given action
  • (major) fails for overlapping windows as you can't move to a window's border if it's in the background

So it seems that the only proper way is to ask to add part of the original feature that would allow scripts to actually resize some specific window side (the detection logic for which side exists) instead of simulating buggy mouse pointer clicks

ResizeFromSides+Move@C.bttpreset (136.0 KB)

Updated version with JS with a much easier matching than having to enter the same conditions manually in every action
Now it's a single on-key-down action (and reset on key up) instead of a dozen
This also allows maintaining mouse X position when you only need to move vertically (and vice versa)

Resize@:mouse2:pos.bttpreset|attachment (53.9 KB)