🎧 K2 AirPod Pro Preset

The UI displays all my changes, but BTT seems to ignore them. Basically his trigger is composed by two actions

1. Toggle Bluetooth Device Connection K2AirPods
  2. Haptic Feedback

If I change the first one to any of my devices, I get the beachball followed by an haptic feedback. If I delete the haptic feedback too, I still get the beachball and the haptic feedback, although it does not appear in the configuration anymore :man_shrugging:t4: I restarted BTT, same thing. Never saw this before in any shared preset, don't know what happens here. Maybe black magic :mage:t4:‍♂

hmm, I used the script from Caliguvara and changed the word Connect for verbinden and the word disconnect for trennen and now I can connect and disconnect - without that change its just giving the error sound or opens the Bluetooth dialog with no action. Seems at least that scripts are language sensitive.

With K2's version I get all the battery data, meaning my pods are recognized, but it will not connect and I get the spinning ball too.

Not working :-((( Did exactly as your said - I still think I need to change text in the script to German

Yes, Apple Scripts are language dependent, I thought this was using the BTT actions to connect :slight_smile:

ok, maybe K2 author can help us with that

Try this:

That works, but I don't find those lines in K2 scripts

Wait I might not getting it. Where do you want to change this in the Script? I don't even see anything language dependent as he basis his connection trigger on the BTT module.
With my post above this should work. You still get a haptic feedback at the end of a long press?

ok, as I said I am new to this :slight_smile:

Problem is your change did not fix it, no feedback from the touchbar although it shows the stats and all, but no connecting. So far only your catalina.json is working

Don't worry we all have been there :wink:
Where did you get this Catalina.json from?

after adding your airpodPro direccion all was fine

I have tried again to set it up, I do get the stats, battery and all, but I don't get the connect/disconnect, I press long, color changes but no action

Ok, so I had a closer look.

The problem in the K2 Preset is the following:
There is a conditional activation group which also defines the AirPodConnect named trigger. This group is usually active because the conditions are specific to Touch Bar groups, which probably only @K2DesignLab has on his system. Therefore it overrides the named trigger in the All Apps group. The trigger in the CAG is still set to K2 Airpod - the system tries to find that, this causes a temporary beachball because the system can not find a bluetooth device with that name.

If you delete this, it should work fine without any language changes:

nope :-(((

It sees my pods, shows they are connected, but want do any action

Edited
Used the standard, not the change version Caliguvara gave me, deleted that line you mentioned and it works :-))

Weird definitely works here after deleting that CAG and setting my airpods in the All Apps section. (Also on German system). Maybe go tho Help => Export Diagnostic Debug Information and send the result to andreas@folivora.ai, then I can have a look.

Or maybe just try to delete the preset and reimport, maybe some previous experimenting has broken some other part of the config?

yep, It did - works perfect now

1 Like

Sorry I've been MIA... Busy week for me.

Im not sure how you see that conditional group. Should look like this... The preset is copy/paste to new preset without those groups for distribution.

I do notice the Bluetooth toggle is very buggy in the last few updates. Connects and drops, and connects again. The connect on long press is not the main feature of the preset, but its nicer then using bluetooth menu.

I think the bluetooth action itself is quite stable (it's just a few lines of code that call the system functions), however 10.15.4 has been a bit buggy with bluetooth.

This it how it looks here:

Is this CAG not showing for you?

Nope, that CAG is not showing as I posted above. very strange...

Weird not sure what could cause it to not show.
Well I'm attaching a version of the preset without the CAG!

K2 AirPod Pro_without_cag.bttpreset (418.2 KB)

he is talking about another page - touchbar not trigger