🎧 K2 AirPod Pro Preset

what can we do?

In long press action I do have two of those triggers - both saying AirpodConnect

The issue you have is not being able to disconnect AirPods from button long press. Otherwise the widget is working? Check that control, maybe try short press instead, maybe a bug in BTT.

Connect to AirPods feature is not working if the system language of my MacBook Pro is set to German.

is that a possible reason?

I get everything from your preset, but not the connect and disconnect feature

Guess you'll have to use the bluetooth menu to connect/disconnect until that issue is resolved in BTT. I do remember hearing other issues with language settings in BTT as well.

ok, will tell Andreas

Its definitly the language. I was checking in your script where i might change the “connect” Command into “Verbinden” and the disconnect comand into “Trennen” but my Script Knowledge is too Limited. Maybe you can help

BTT's bluetooth connection actions don't care about the system language. They only care about the name of the Airpods - so as long as that name is set correctly it should work fine.
Are you sure you use the name that is shown in the macOS Bluetooth or Audio menu?

Just tried by curiosity (also because @yuuiko launched the other discussion this morning), I totally can reproduce the bug. I think BTT does not overwrite the actions beyond the UI - I set the toggled connection to my AirPods, I delete the haptic feedback action and still get a beachball followed by a haptic feedback! Restart BTT, still vibrates. This is totally a Bug Reports for @Andreas_Hegenberg.

Here is a workaround for @tosbsas:

1. Go to the Named & Other Triggers section, search for AirPodConnect and delete it
  2. Create a new Reusable Named Trigger, name it f.eg. ToggleAirPods
  3. Add an action Toggle Bluetooth Device Connection, add your AirPods from the dropdown menu
  4. Go back to the Touch Bar section, select the AirPods Connected: Script widget
  5. On the common tab on the right, scroll down until you find nearly at the very bottom the Long Press Action
  6. From the dropdown menu, select the freshly created ToggleAirPods (it should be at the very button)
  7. Enjoy :headphones:

Thanks for testing!

What do you mean by that?

The UI displays all my changes, but BTT seems to ignore them. Basically his trigger is composed by two actions

1. Toggle Bluetooth Device Connection K2AirPods
  2. Haptic Feedback

If I change the first one to any of my devices, I get the beachball followed by an haptic feedback. If I delete the haptic feedback too, I still get the beachball and the haptic feedback, although it does not appear in the configuration anymore :man_shrugging:t4: I restarted BTT, same thing. Never saw this before in any shared preset, don't know what happens here. Maybe black magic :mage:t4:‍♂

hmm, I used the script from Caliguvara and changed the word Connect for verbinden and the word disconnect for trennen and now I can connect and disconnect - without that change its just giving the error sound or opens the Bluetooth dialog with no action. Seems at least that scripts are language sensitive.

With K2's version I get all the battery data, meaning my pods are recognized, but it will not connect and I get the spinning ball too.

Not working :-((( Did exactly as your said - I still think I need to change text in the script to German

Yes, Apple Scripts are language dependent, I thought this was using the BTT actions to connect :slight_smile:

ok, maybe K2 author can help us with that

Try this:

That works, but I don't find those lines in K2 scripts

Wait I might not getting it. Where do you want to change this in the Script? I don't even see anything language dependent as he basis his connection trigger on the BTT module.
With my post above this should work. You still get a haptic feedback at the end of a long press?

ok, as I said I am new to this :slight_smile:

Problem is your change did not fix it, no feedback from the touchbar although it shows the stats and all, but no connecting. So far only your catalina.json is working

Don't worry we all have been there :wink:
Where did you get this Catalina.json from?

after adding your airpodPro direccion all was fine

I have tried again to set it up, I do get the stats, battery and all, but I don't get the connect/disconnect, I press long, color changes but no action