Google Translate Float View

Floating Google Translate for fast run from anywhere

I use command + / keyboard shortcut, but you can setup your own.

How to install

• 1 Method: Import to BTT from Shared Preset
  • 2 Method: Copy & Paste next Item
[
  {
    "BTTGestureNotes" : "Google Translate Shortcut",
    "BTTTriggerType" : 0,
    "BTTTriggerClass" : "BTTTriggerTypeKeyboardShortcut",
    "BTTPredefinedActionType" : 249,
    "BTTPredefinedActionName" : "Show Floating WebView\/HTML Menu",
    "BTTActionURLToLoad" : "https:\/\/translate.google.com\/?hl=en",
    "BTTActionFloatingHTMLName" : "RunGoogleTranslate",
    "BTTActionFloatingHTMLConfig" : "{\"BTTSize\":\"{800, 400}\",\"BTTWebViewUserScript\":\"console.log('test done');\",\"BTTShowAboveDesktop\":2,\"BTTCloseOnBrowserOpen\":false,\"BTTUseWhiteBackground\":true,\"BTTCenterOnOpen\":true,\"BTTFrameOrigin\":\"{0, 0}\",\"BTTUseFixedPosition\":false,\"BTTWebviewDragEverywhere\":false,\"BTTCloseOnOutsideClick\":true,\"BTTWebviewResizable\":true,\"BTTWebviewDragEverywhereCMD\":false,\"BTTShowButtons\":true,\"BTTRelativeTo\":0,\"BTTWebViewShowDockIcon\":0,\"BTTWebviewUpdateFrame\":false,\"BTTDoNotCache\":false,\"BTTWebViewManualWindowLevel\":0,\"BTTDrawTitleBezel\":true}",
    "BTTAdditionalConfiguration" : "524352",
    "BTTEnabled2" : 1,
    "BTTKeyboardShortcutScope" : 0,
    "BTTKeyboardShortcutKeyboardType" : 4281,
    "BTTRepeatDelay" : 0,
    "BTTUUID" : "BE448146-9C77-472E-A5A9-138CCF4ED487",
    "BTTTriggerOnDown" : 1,
    "BTTNotesInsteadOfDescription" : 0,
    "BTTLayoutIndependentChar" : ".",
    "BTTEnabled" : 1,
    "BTTModifierMode" : 0,
    "BTTShortcutKeyCode" : 44,
    "BTTShortcutModifierKeys" : 524288,
    "BTTOrder" : 0,
    "BTTDisplayOrder" : 0,
    "BTTAutoAdaptToKeyboardLayout" : 0,
    "BTTTriggerConfig" : {
      "BTTLeftRightModifierDifferentiation" : 1
    }
  }
]

UPD: Changed language to English

this is awesome, one question when i open the floating view Google Translate is in another language. My primary language is English is there a way to edit the script for Google translate to be in English when I open it?

Change this URL. 'ru' is Russian so change to the code for your preferred language.

1 Like

'en' is English I think

1 Like

Now changed to English language as primary

2 Likes

@Denis_Ostrovsky can this preset work with Google Calculator?

No, this is only for Translate, but you can create your own Floating WebView Action

how do I create a Floating WebView for the calculator?

Really cool! Thank you.

bump @Denis_Ostrovsky

You can try to use this action, but replace BTTActionURLToLoad https:\/\/translate.google.com\/?hl=en to https:\/\/www.google.com\/search?q=calculator

nah, it came up with this

I can't paste texts in it. Seems a generic issue with Floating webview.

Awesome preset thanks! I was wondering if there was a way to make the translate popup automatically be able to enter text once it activates. Not sure if this is the right term, but I believe its "focus" the window? I changed the preset so that if I type in the sequence 'glang', the floating web view pops up. So essentially what I want to do is once that popup is up, I would like to set the cursor in the detect translate box so that I can just start typing to translate instead of having to go and click in the window to start. Is this possible in any way? does anyone know?

This is working fine now just in case you still needed to use it that way! I tried today!

Nevermind, I must just not having been paying attention correctly! It does it automatically! Great job, so helpful!

Did you already manage to make this work?

Yeah, this works! I use it all the time!

Is there a way to make this run on selected text?