GoldenChaos-BTT Support and Feedback Thread

@Moo_Cow unfortunately, I may have to eliminate this feature for now. It's completely broken in Catalina and I have not found a way around it yet.

@rctneil Sure thing! Station badge will be in the next release :slight_smile:

@griffey98 It's actually not supposed to focus the currently playing app when you long-press, and this was a bug that was previously reported. @Andreas_Hegenberg could a fix for this be prioritized? The music widget should not perform its regular-press action on long-press.

@Harry55494 Fixed in the next release! Should be ready in a few days.

@mesaverda Dock badges only appear if the app is both running and actually has a notification badge on the dock item. When that is the case, are they still not appearing for you?

@jt222 The reason the volume icon turns blue is to indicate that the currently selected audio output is connected via bluetooth. This is useful if you don't use the AirPods quick connect button, or use different headphones sometimes, because you can still see that a bluetooth speaker is being used.

@wildin This was fixed in the latest BTT alphas! Make sure to update. Also, AirPods battery display fix coming in the next update.

@flarghon Will add Microsoft Teams support to the microphone controls in the next version!

@Sacha_Selim I believe this is possible, but I don't know how to do it offhand. That said, GC includes a built-in keyboard shortcut to toggle the standard Touch Bar UI: CMD + OPT + Shift + 0

Whew! All caught up from the holidays now, haha. Thanks for your patience, everyone. The new version should be ready in a few days!

Thanks for adding Station support. I also still keep having the issue where BTT gets hidden. I'm not sure how to replicate it but it happens every so often. Is this an issue with GC or BTT? @Andreas_Hegenberg

Thanks.

This is a BTT issue. @Andreas_Hegenberg had supposedly fixed it; are you on the latest alpha, 3.219?

Hello @GoldenChaos . Yes I am running 3.219 and it still happens. @Andreas_Hegenberg.

It’s mostly an issue with missing APIs in macOS (BTT can not know whether it’s Touch Bar is showing or not).

On most systems the tricks BTT uses to achieve this seem to work fine (especially with the latest alphas), on some systems the timing seems to be off. You can try to enable/disable „restart after sleep“ and/or change the Touch Bar show delay in the advanced Touch Bar preferences.

I’m thinking about adding a way to mark the BTT touch bar (e.g. by adding a colored pixel at a specific position) so BTT could capture a screenshot of the bar to see whether is showing or not.

Hi,
I'd like to keep a deadline list in the middle of the touchbar to push me for some targets. But the things or remind app or the calender app in widgets of the home strip only show todays' to-do. Would you consider this deadline reminder, please?

Hello guys.

Thank you so much for your preset, I appreciate it. You have done a great work!

I have a question regarding the button's background. For example, I would like to disable the background at all. I'm opening Touch Bar - Now Playing Widget - Button Background Color - Color circle itself. There found I, I checked I can change the color. Since I want to disable background at all, I change the Opcity slider from 100% to 0% but nothing changes. Am I doing something wrong to achieve disable background
or it's a bug?

Btt version: 3.219 (1396)
GoldenChaos: probably the latest 3.202, I installed it right from here https://share.folivora.ai/sharedPreset/5b37eb44-fd9e-4ea2-845e-c1a2eebde37a

Best regards,
iamtodor

+1 on the scrubber request.

Wonderful Touch Bar!

I would like to make a suggestion for the battery widget. I personally removed many widgets / items from the menu bar / home strip to keep it minimalistic. At the moment, the battery widget is the only icon with a colour (green / orange / red). I was able to remove the icon from the battery widget and only display the percentage text (see screenshot).

I was hoping that you could add a battery percentage only option in the future. It would be nice if the percentage flashes for a short duration if you attach the power cable or something like that.

I am at 3.2.50 (1427) BTT. After the update, I lost the esc key that I used to have with GoldenChaos.

I made the esc key widget visible in the settings, but the esc key wouldn't show up.

Considering that there are people who use the old touch bar without the physical esc key, this is not nice at all.

I think there was a bug in 3.250 that caused this. Should be fixed in 3.252

1 Like

Sorry for taking so long to respond, guys! I promise I'll be back to full speed soon, I've just been wrapping up some big projects at work.

@york_hust You could make a copy of the reminders widget and customize it to display a specific list I believe! I recommend copying GC widgets into your own preset if you want to customize them. :slight_smile:

@iamtodor Set the background color to solid black. That'll make the background effectively disabled :smiley:

@Kyle_Davis noted! Once I get out the next few releases I'll start looking into what sorts of scrubbers people have built.

@Frogical Good idea! I'll add that as a setting in the future.

hi guys, I have a problem with the battery icon. In settings (width: 23px, Height: 22px) after couple of seconds after save, its getting bigger. You can check it on screens.

Tried restoring settings, etc.
Do you have an idea, where to look for a solution?

glad I am not the only one having this issue -- had to restart to fix that up.

Also, the slide bar doesn't respond well when I swipe left or right. This started happening upon updating BTT to the most recent alpha version (3.266 (1443)). When I closed BTT and tested it with the regular non-BTT touch bar, the slide bar worked perfectly fine, so I assume this is the BTT issue.

Also, I have the bluetooth icon that changes its colour when it's on(blue)/off(red), but even when bluetooth is off, it shows the on colour.

I think the battery icon issue is fixed in BTT 3.266

Not sure what changed in 3.266 @Andreas_Hegenberg , but now my menu bar battery icon for me never updates its display:

However, it works fine in the System Info modal:

Ah I think I got it now... this stuff is complex :sweat_smile: luckily I don't need to change this stuff a lot, but it was necessary for some upcoming features.

Next alpha will also fix the slider issue.

1 Like

Slider issues and icon issue should be fixed in 3.267, would be great if somebody could try!

1 Like

Both issues are fixed, much thanks!

Where I can find 3.267? Cant find topic with latest alpha releases.