GoldenChaos-BTT Support and Feedback Thread

Hi - every time I press something on the Golden Chaos touch bar my trackpad makes a clicking noise. Is there a way to disable this?

You can choose / disable the haptic feedback in the advanced Touch Bar settings:

3 Likes

I can't get the keyboard shortcut for configuration to work on my macbook pro 16 inch. It's supposed to be cmd,option,shift P right?

Hi guys,

I can't seem to solve this issue I'm having. I want the Golden Chaos TB to ALWAYS be present. But for some reason, every now and then it ends up switching to the regular touch bar. I can't seem to figure out why. I have show mac os control strip unchecked.

I'm on Catalina, and can't seem to get any keyboard shortcuts working.. any ideas why?

same issue for me. no response on possible causes though

Is there an "Add to last playlist" button for Music within GC-BTT by any chance please?

I'm often listening to Apple Music and adding good tracks to a playlist, but the process involves opening Music and manually adding the track over a number of steps, so being able to press a button on the touchbar would be very useful!

Another suggestion for Music is adding the volume up/down icons to the Now Playing section (and perhaps the above mentioned add to playlist) if possible please?

Thanks!

Hi, is there a way to change the am/pm to AM/PM (upper case)?

Also, will there be a music/YT scrubber like apple's native TB?

Thank you!

Time to play catchup again!

@emirhan I've reported the date/time widget clipping issue in the work-in-progress/alpha features thread. @Andreas_Hegenberg think you could take a look?

@reversed_95 I've encountered an issue where the GC settings window won't appear unless the BTT config window is also open. It doesn't always seem to do this, and may be fixed in the latest alpha. @Andreas_Hegenberg can you confirm that this was fixed? I'm not seeing this issue now.

@maxiedaniels Does BTT have all the proper permissions? It needs to have "Input Monitoring" permissions enabled in the Privacy section of System Prefs.

@kishanspatel @wahbah this seems to be fixed on the latest alpha, 3.214. Update and let me know if it's fixed for you, a lot of folks have been having this issue.

@jarrah There is for iTunes, but not for Music... yet. I'm definitely planning on rewriting this functionality to support Music, but the method used for iTunes is just not compatible and always returns the wrong result. Feel free to make a feature request thread about this and I'll keep it updated with my progress once I start working on it!

Also, love the volume control idea. Will explore that :smiley:

@tt14 It should be uppercase by default, can you take a screenshot of your Touch Bar? As for a scrubber, it's something that's been on my list to explore, but the last time I tried one out the results were janky at best. But maybe I can figure something out now. No promises though, haha.

For some reason it's lowercase on mine

@tt14 If you resize the menu bar, it should reset the date format. Could you enable the resize menu bar chevron, change the menu bar size by tapping it on the Touch Bar, and let me know if it’s uppercase after that?

Hi great app. I was wondering if it would be possible to turn the "option" modifier key to be a toggle between displaying GoldenChaos and the standard Apple Touch Bar interface.

Thanks!

Hi. Love the work you've put into this! I have the microphone mute button set to show when applicable and I typically make Microsoft Teams calls using my AirPods connected to my Mac. The mute icon never shows up. Is this working as intended? I would love if the icon could appear when I'm in a call using AirPods. Thanks!

1 Like

The touch bar doesn't show all the time, if i want it to show I have to open the app and it shows that "my custom touch bar is currently hidden" and I have to close the app and open it a few times. Even after doing that, It will only show for a short period of time and disappear again. Is there a fix to this?? Also, my airpods battery percentages are not formatted well, and shows another number following the percentages. Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks so much for creating this @GoldenChaos . I've purchased 2 BTT licenses today with your link so I hope you can get a coffee or two.

I was wondering the reason behind the 'volume up' button turning blue when Airpods are connected?

Screenshot 2019-12-22 21.20.07

I understand that the blue indicates an active state for the Airpod icon, but why does the volume button change?

1 Like

Dock Badges are simply not appearing for me! checked all my permissions etc. When turning off or on each specific app in GC Settings, it appears very briefly before disappearing
Everything else works fine, please help!!

My Beats Headphones Battery level is showing up weirdly - Shows the percentage chopped off at the bottom, under the number from the charge above it!

First - I love this! Is it possible to have the Apple Music widget script open up to the more full layout with controls, shuffle, etc on single click instead of long press? I can't seem to long press it without it opening up the Apple Music App. Running Catalina. Thanks again!

Hey,

I've been having a lot of trouble with Franz so i'm testing Station. Would it be possible to get Station added as a dock badge for it?

Any fix for this turn up?