GoldenChaos-BTT Support and Feedback Thread

Welp, I'm not sure why BTT is disabled then. I'll leave it to @Andreas_Hegenberg :slight_smile:

As for the other things you mentioned, I will start fixing these immediately. You're the second person to report upgrade issues recently, but I'm struggling to get my initialization/upgrade scripts to run reliably. More notes/questions:

• Funny red background is an initialization issue. It turns red when it doesn't find anything set. It's supposed to set these when the preset installs (@Andreas_Hegenberg - related to BTT restarting on direct import stopping my initialization from running? Can the restart be gotten rid of?).
    • A temporary workaround is to toggle any switch that's red on and off, which will set the variable.
  • Which toggle switches, specifically, won't slide for you?
  • What settings, specifically, did it get wrong?
  • Which badge settings, specifically, weren't restored properly?

I want to make sure these issues are completely fixed as soon as possible.

Let me go and reinstall the preset and i'll get back to you in 5 mins!

1 Like

@GoldenChaos . Right, here's my list. It mainly consists of settings that I have previously configured to be on or off and them being in the wrong state when being restored. Some items just work whilst the ones listed are the ones i've had to retoggle.

Settings not restored correctly:

• Back / Forward buttons should be off
  • Refresh should be off
  • New Tab should be off
  • Window Snapping should be off
  • Show Battery Percentage should be on
  • Volume Up should be off
  • Volume Down should be off
  • Connect to AirPods should be on
  • Emoji Picker should be off
  • 1Password should be on
  • ColorSnapper should be on
  • Safari should be on
  • Safari Technology Preview should be off
  • WhatsApp should be off
  • Skype for Business should be off
  • YakYak should be off
  • Chatty should be off
  • Caprine should be off
  • Goofy should be off
  • Outlook should be off
  • Spark should be off
  • Airmail should be off
  • Polymail should be off
  • Superhuman should be off
  • Boxy should be off
  • Mailplane should be off
  • Postbox should be off
  • Mailmate should be off
  • Slack should be off
  • Discord Canary should be off
  • Trello should be off
  • Twitter should be off
  • Twitch should be off

Options with no selected option shown in settings: (Eg: The options seem to work but the selected state is not visible)

• Show Finder
  • AirDrop

Items showing with a red background:

• Carrot
  • OmniFocus
  • Deliveries
  • Maipo

Edit: I'll let you know if and when the Touch Bar items disappear next.

Thanks,
Neil

1 Like

Thank you so much for that list. I'm going to recreate your configuration and debug the upgrade path until it works. I'll likely post updates in the new development updates/discussion thread I just made: GoldenChaos-BTT: Development Updates and Discussion

Just note that anything that was set correctly (either on or off) I did not list. I only listed those items that were incorrect.

1 Like

@GoldenChaos Just to say that it has disappeared again. The preset is selected in BTT but there are absolutely no actions in the list. Completely empty!

1 Like

BTW: the calendar widget still states in the config window that it requires icalbuddy, your changelog says it's only required for reminders...

1 Like

Ah, good catch - will fix in the next version!

@rctneil noted. I’m still testing, but should hopefully have something to report on soon.

Hey hey GoldenChaos! <3 <3
I’m experiencing a pretty weird bug at the moment, since i upgraded to the latest GCC version My Weather widget seems to get broken every night. During the day it works totally fine, but when the night comes around it just shows 0degrees Celsius and a Clear Moon Icon. Long-pressing the icon during the day works fine but when I do a long-press during the night it just shows me a blank touch bar!
Hope I don't cause you any issues by sending you this. Have a great day GC <3

1 Like

Seems like BTT is hitting the api limit again. I’m increasing the number of allowed requests a bit and will add some more rate limiting with the next version. (the weather api Is getting a bit expensive, so I need to lower the number of weather updates a bit)

I can't get the GC-BTT settings window to show. I'm using the newest (2.530) version of BTT and preset 3.167. Only one preset is installed. What am I doing wrong? I'm using Catalina beta 5.
The touch bar keeps showing You have not yet configured actions in BetterTouchTool and when I press the hotkey for the settings menu, nothing happens.

@GoldenChaos Any update on the disappearing problem? I can deal with any other small issues but this one is super frustrating. I'm not even sure if it's your preset that's causing the issue but i'm starting here just incase, (i have to start investigating somewhere! :slight_smile: )

@RyuX51 2.530 is not the newest version of BTT - 3.170 is :slight_smile: make sure you’re totally updated!

@rctneil quite a few people have been reporting this issue since GC was featured on MacRumors yesterday. I can’t imagine it’s a GC issue, though. @Andreas_Hegenberg please chime in - this seems widespread.

sorry I have not been following the thread for a while. Could somebody create a bug thread describing the issue?

1 Like

Hey! I just installed the experimental version and I love it.

Two questions:

1. My pinky finger due to bad habit seems to always press the date area and it causes a space to be added to what I'm typing- is there any way to disable that?
  2. How do I get the plugin/calendar utility to integrate properly? I just unzipped it, but does it need to be anywhere specific?

Thanks again!

Oh, I see. BTT didn't show me the update from inside the app, even when checked. Yes, it works now like expected. Thank you. I already love it. :orange_heart:

1 Like

@Mac_Guy whoa, I didn't realize that it enters a space character when Fantastical isn't running. I'll look into a way around this, and likely disable the keyboard shortcut entirely for Apple Calendar users.

As for the calendar bit, if you're running the latest experimental version you don't need icalbuddy for the calendar widget :slight_smile: reminders will be following with native support shortly!

Thanks!

I must be missing something but how can I access the calendar with the current native support? I'm not seeing any upcoming appointments or reminder etc

This is a bug in the experimental version. I've got a new one coming up in just a few minutes with a fix for this and a bunch of other bugs! Grab it when it's out and the calendar widgets will work fine again. :slight_smile:

@GoldenChaos Are you making a bug report thread like @Andreas_Hegenberg mentioned above or should I do it? I'm not sure exactly what the issue is apart from the fact that all the actions suddenly disappear?

Also in regards to the airpods integration, could their individual battery status get down when they are connected?