Windows Snapping - no longer working after Catalina upgrade. Can reproduce...

After I upgraded my late 2016 MacBook Pro to Catalina (macOS 10.15), I noticed that Window Snapping is no longer working on BTT 3.202. I upgraded to the BTT Alpha (3.204) and experienced the same behavior.

Only after I removed BTT and reinstalled it was I able to get Window Snapping to work.

HOWEVER - after restarting the BTT application, window snapping no longer functions again.

So the scenario seems to be that after a clean install on Catalina, window snapping functions, but if you are to restart the BTT application, window snapping does not function.

I can reproduce this consistently - any help would be much appreciated!

In general window snapping seems to be working fine. Certain window snapping features however seem to require screen recording permissions. See macOS Catalina 10.15 - Compatibility Issues & Discussions (I'll probably release a new version which makes it easier to setup later today)

Hi Andreas!
Window Snapping with other apps okay, but this application doesn't work for me: Pixelmator
MacOS Catalina, 10.15 (19A583)
BTT 3.204 (1380)

Success! Thank you for pointing this out. Adding BTT to allow for screen recording did the trick...

1 Like

@TigerCat-hu have you also tried the screen recording permission workaround?

Yes, here's the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2ymkek30zk40n0s/BTT_vs_Pixelmator.mov?dl=0

I meant the workaround described here macOS Catalina 10.15 - Compatibility Issues & Discussions :slight_smile: sorry! Not an actual screen recording, I totally believe you that it's not working.

LOL, sorry! I looked but there is no Pixelmator in the topic.

BTT needs the screen recording permissions :slight_smile:
Maybe wait for the update which should be ready in a few hours - it will make it clear.

I checked this.
Only accessibility features are enabled.
There is no checkbox for screen capture.

Now I'm going to workout.
Thank you for your help!
:slight_smile:

I updated BTT app, now works fine. Thank you!
:slight_smile:

1 Like