macOS Catalina 10.15 - Compatibility Issues & Discussions

Further test, even if I assign this move to next desktop to a simple combination like CTRL-A, the MoveWindow One Space [left/right] is broken.

The fn thing is normal, some keys implicitly press FN.

Could you check whether the standard shortcuts in macOS to move left/right a space still work for you? They can be configured in the macOS System Preferences => Keyboard

BTT uses these keys to move the windows, thus it would be a problem if they don't work for some reason

Great,

The stock Move left a space actions works (I still use them from the default bindings) which moves the current display viewport from the current space to another.

The action that is not working is a different one: Move Window One Space/Desktop Right which I use to banish a window to another space.

Yes, BTT uses the stock "Move left/right a space" actions to achieve the Move window one space left/right (if you click a window titlebar and perform the "move left/right a space" shortcut it will move the window)

Weird though, I have no idea why this might not work on some systems anymore :-/ Does BTT briefly move your mouse cursor to the top left of a window when executing the move window action?

Could you maybe send me the debug info to andreas@folivora.ai ? (BTT Main Menu => Help => Export Diagnostic Debug Info)

Thanks, logs sent.

Ah, I think I might have identified the issue.
It seems like on Catalina apps require the "Screen Recording" permission to read window titles (which BTT needs to identify the windows it is moving). This is stupid because it doesn't record the screen, but I assume that's the issue.

Could you check whether enabling BTT in System Preferences => Security & Privacy => Privacy => Screen Recording fixes the issue? If so I'll add a warning popup to BTT.

The list is empty and I can't drag BTT to the list. Is there a command-line that I could use to manually add it?

Ahh stupid macOS :slight_smile:
The easiest way to add it is to capture a screenshot using one of the screenshot actions in BTT, macOS should then ask for permission.

I'll add a explicit way to make BTT show up there later today in a new update.

Ta-Da!

Thanks, works great now!

With Catalina, I find that when BTT is open I find my click is delayed everywhere throughout the system. The first click on anything is always slow and makes it feel like my machine is sluggish.

When I turn off BTT the problem goes away.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Neil

Do you have Dropbox sync enabled? If so try to disable that, it's still experimental and has caused some issues like that in the past.

1 Like

Dropbox sync seems broken. Disabled it and now my macbook stopped lagging. I was searching for the application causing this lag for days. Finally.

1 Like

You can try switching to iCloud sync, so far there haven't been issue reports for that - but both of them are experimental.

I actually switched on iCloud sync last night which is when it started happening. Will try disabling sync and try that. Will report back.

It would be interesting to find the sync-issue root cause, because (of course) it is working fine here. Could you maybe send me the debug info to andreas@folivora.ai ? (BTT Main Menu => Help => Export Diagnostic Debug Info)

Yeh, it still has the same problem with iCloud sync too. Sent debug to you.

Hi,

I can't make my key sequences work and I didn't find any way to test them.

BetterTouchTool is authorized to capture screen recording in my privacy settings.

I sent you my debug info to andreas@folivora.ai

Thanks in advance and have a nice day :smiley:

iCalBuddy not working in Cataline. Calendars events not displayed on Touchbar.

icalBuddy eventsNow
2019-10-10 10:29:49.704 icalBuddy[74887:3677755] *** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException', reason: 'NSConcreteMutableAttributedString addAttribute:value:range:: nil value'
*** First throw call stack:
(
	0   CoreFoundation                      0x00007fff2df06d63 __exceptionPreprocess + 250
	1   libobjc.A.dylib                     0x00007fff63df5bd4 objc_exception_throw + 48
	2   Foundation                          0x00007fff305641a4 +[NSPointerArray pointerArrayWithOptions:] + 0
	3   icalBuddy                           0x000000010000a95b getEventPropStr + 875
	4   icalBuddy                           0x000000010000aeaf printCalEvent + 607
	5   icalBuddy                           0x00000001000025e8 main + 1944
	6   icalBuddy                           0x0000000100001de4 start + 52
	7   ???                                 0x0000000000000002 0x0 + 2
)
libc++abi.dylib: terminating with uncaught exception of type NSException
Abort trap: 6

sorry, I’m not connected to iCal Buddy - you should report this to the iCal developer. Maybe check whether the native BTT Calendar widget works as a replacement for you (there will soon be a more customizable one)

icalbuddy not developed for a long time but it used over few presets and especially for aquatouch that I'm using. But anyway it's just a notice for people who may be interested in that. Thanks.