Window Snapping not working

Hi, I installed Catalina recently. I dragged BTT window and tap edge and it was resized but when I did it with ITerm2 nothing happened! What is problem? I make all thing enabled for snap.

Update to the latest BTT :slight_smile:

Hi, I'm experiencing the same issue, I have updated to the latest BTT, 3.205 (1381) and the new screen recording workaround did work initially but after a system restart has stopped working. Re-adding both accessibility/screen recording permissions doesn't appear to have returned functionality.

The configuration UI for BTT itself is able to be snapped, but other applications cannot be snapped.

1 Like

I was installed latest one, 3.205. I solved it by installing BetterSnapTool from app store.
also I have the same problem of @bunglelow

Has BTT maybe somehow gotten disabled for other apps? (Does the BTT menubar icon display in grey?)
In general it seems to work fine with 3.205/3.206

The permissions system os Catalina is still a bit buggy, if nothing helps you can reset all permissions using this terminal command:
sudo tccutil reset All

or reset only Accessibility & Screen Recording:
sudo tccutil reset Accessibility && sudo tccutil reset ScreenCapture

1 Like

BTT was enabled for all apps, and showing as a black icon. Just going through the Security and Privacy tabs there was an entry for BTT under 'Input Monitoring' that was unchecked that I had not noticed before. Checking this option seems to have solved both my issues, with window snapping and the issue I reported here:

So might be a case of a missing permission introduced in Catalina

1 Like

Interesting! I haven't seen macOS request the input monitoring permission yet (but it makes sense because BTT needs to monitor keyboard shortcuts and mouse movements and the like)

1 Like

Yeah, makes sense, I only noticed it because a discord update had required the new permission and noticed that BTT was also in the list unchecked

1 Like

I wonder if it's only for new installations because I can't get it to show up there (and it still works).

Did you do a fresh install of Catalina? Or a fresh install of BTT?

1 Like

The permission only appeared after updating Discord, which apparently needed the new permission (similarly for its global shortcuts for mute etc im guessing). I had tried a new install of BTT previously to fix the issues but the new permission wasn't requested and didn't appear in the list. My Catalina was an upgrade from Mojave.

1 Like

I have fresh Catalina (clean install) and fresh BTT. I Solved it by installing SnapTool it self. Do you need that uninstall it and install just BTT to test them?

I'll add an explicit request for that permission to the next BTT version, should be available in about an hour.

1 Like

Mhh after more investigation it seems like apps that have the Accessibility permission don't need the input monitoring permission (and in fact there is no way to request it from the system in that case...)

1 Like

I had to do a clean install of OS X Catalina and when I re-installed BTT, window snapping no longer worked. It has all the required permissions and is enabled. The window snapping works for the BTT program itself, but it doesn't work with any other application.

Actually, I noticed a permission that wasn't given (Input Monitoring). Once I enabled, window snapping worked again.

It’s weird and I currently assume there is a strange bug in macos Catalina‘s permission system. Did you have the Accessibility permission enabled when it didn’t work? (that should suffice - the input monitoring permission should not be necessary in this case.

However it seems like on some systems both permissions are required.

Window snapping problems for me as well, but was solved with input monitoring permission. Not working when I only had the accessibility permission enabled. Updated to Catalina, no clean install.

I did have the accessibility permission enabled, it was JUST input monitoring that I needed. It is weird, but hey... it worked. :slight_smile:

I cannot open the app at all on Mac running Catalina. I have updated to the latest version. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. Restarted computer. I have the screen recording options turned on. When I try to open the app nothing whatsoever happens. Any tips?

have a look here: https://folivora.ai/blog/post/13010