Weather Widget Bug?

Describe the bug

After updating to Mojave, the weekly weather language defaults to English. Before the update, {day} (Today +1 ~ +7 weather forecast) was displayed in Korean. Is it changed to be displayed in English only?

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
Touch Bar

Screenshots

Before update to Mojave

After update to Mojave

Device information:

• Type of Mac: 2018 MBP 15''
  • macOS version: 10.14
  • BetterTouchTool version: 2.641

Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):

Note: Before bug reporting, please make sure you have the latest version of BetterTouchTool and that you have already tried to restart your system :-). If you encounter a crash, please attach a crash log from the macOS Console.app from the "User Diagnostic Reports" section.

Hey!

It should use your system settings. Maybe that changed with Mojave?
Maybe check what is set in System Preferences => Language & Region:

Maybe you need to restart your machine.

After clicking on advanced in that screen you can see the specific settings for dates:

I checked my system settings. I founded my Preferred languages is Korean.

this is my advanced setting, Is there anything I need to change?

Looks good. Unfortunately this is a bug in macOS Mojave then, I'll report it to Apple! (but maybe try to restart your system, often after upgrading things are still confused until the first restart)

//maybe I can find a workaround, I'll probably release an alpha version later today!

Today I installed the new BTT after installing the Mojave Cleaner. I do not think there is a system crash. It's likely Apple bug like you said. thank you for the quick reply.

Thank you. I will wait launching the alpha version. :pray:

I have the same problem. After updating to Mojave, the date widget now displays English words instead of my native language.

The new alpha version was released and updated, but the issue is still not resolved.

you have fixed? after updating BTT 2.642 alpha version?

Now my date widget is completely bugged.
"eeee d MMMM" now displays "Fri 28 M09" instead of "Vendredi 28 septembre"

Ok, I guess Apple will fix this soon, unfortunately not much else I could try ;-(

I have added another workaround to v2.643 alpha, would be great if you'd try that.

For the date widget, it seems to work! Good job :slight_smile:

thank you!! v2.643 solve this problem!

after update 2.686 BTT, The same problem occurred again.
{day}~{day+7} is only displayed in English.

I don't think there has been a change to this in the new version. Maybe try to restart your system?

I tryed to restart Mac book, but the problem not fixed.:sob:

Same here with the Date/Time widget, suddenly gone back to English :sob:

Could you try this terminal command while BTT is quit:

defaults write com.hegenberg.BetterTouchTool BTTLanguageOverride "de"

(replace "de" with the two digit language code for the language you want to use)

Thank you. Entering a command has been fixed.