Version 3.202 doesn't restore touch bar after sleep

Since one of the last updates the touch bar always reverts to the system defaults. I have to restart BTT to make it work again. Is anybody else seeing this?

seems to work fine on most systems, but if not you can activate the „restart BTT after sleep“ option in the BTT settings.

I will try that setting. this used to work but it seems it broke with one of the last updates. Are there any logs or similar that may help?

I have a same problem. Often, after longer sleep, the BTT touch bar is hidden and replaced by the plain MacOS touch bar. It used to work properly but this problem started a couple of weeks ago.

previously the „restart after sleep“ option was on by default, however on most systems it works fine without restarting, thus it is no longer the default.

On some systems there seem to be timing issues in combination with the Touch Bar stuff, in that case enable the „restart after sleep“ option.

Tried that. The problem occurred even after the "restart after sleep" option was set on.

I'm having this issue as well, and "Restart BTT after wake from sleep" is checked. Usually happens after a long sleep.

New update 3.206 (1382) installed. The problem did nt go away. The screenshot shows how the touch bad was hidden after a sleep.

+1 same here. v3.206, Restart BTT after wake from sleep is checked. Show macOS control strip is unchecked. BTT touch bar routinely reverts to the system default after sleep, and this is a relatively recent problem (past 3-4 weeks).

Any fix found yet? Having the same issue.

Same here. Have it set to restart after sleep. Am running 3.200.

Same behavior for 3.209, Macbook Pro 13 2018 High Sierra, after long sleeps. "Restart BTT after wake from sleep" is checked.

Same issue with with 3.209, but on Catalina. "Restart BTT after wake from sleep" is enabled. Manually restarting BTT doesn't fix the issue, interestingly. Instead, I have to:

1. uncheck "Enable Touch Bar Support"
  2. restart BTT
  3. check "Enable Touch Bar Support"
  4. restart BTT again
1 Like

Updated to version 3.209 but the problem continues exactly the same. I am running Mojave 10.14.6.

I can't reproduce the issue yet, but I believe it might be a timing issue, thus happening only on some machines.
With 3.210 alpha I added a slider to the advanced BTT Touch Bar preferences:

it would be great if you'd try with a little higher values to see whether that helps. (Unfortunately I don't get a confirmation from macOS that the BTT Touch Bar is showing, thus BTT can just "guess".)

Installed the alpha today and set the value to 3.5 seconds... will report back in a few days!

3.5-second delay didn't make a difference, so I cranked it all the way to 10s. Still having the issue.... sort of. I've discovered something unusual: my Touch Bar configuration will show an app switcher when I hold down CMD. When not holding CMD, it shows my personal custom configuration.

After wake from sleep, said custom configuration does not show (which led me to think that BTT's Touch Bar functionality wasn't working at all). However, holding CMD still brings up the app switcher. I can't get my custom configuration to work unless restarting BTT as outlined in Version 3.202 doesn't restore touch bar after sleep

which BTT alpha are you currently running?

Running 3.213