🆕 [v3.6.9] AquaTouch – The Powerful Touch Bar Redesign.

Quick update

I haven't done much, but Google Sheets is coming!

(SF widget control strip is kinda broken due to the auto-open soundcloud. Still figuring that one up)

If anyone reading this isn't aware, this update is focused on making AQT less 'not complete but in construction' and more 'complete and in active development', which means finishing off half-done widgets, polishing instructions, manuals and generally fixing up what I have now in order to remove that beta tag.

Changelog so far:

2 Likes

Hey all, and @yuuiko

First of all, really nice work. I'm impressed.

I'm having a hard time getting the "Game Mode" preset to work alongside the usual one. I downloaded both from the download link above, then set "AquaTouch-b3.4.0" as the master preset. If I enable the "AquaTouch-b3.4.0-GameMode" preset as well then I end up with some kind of mashed-together preset with elements of both. If I disable it, the normal AquaTouch preset works fine. However, with GameMode enabled or disabled the Game Mode button in the apps menu on the right-hand side apparently just breaks and disables both presets, kicking me back to the stock touch bar or the "No actions configured" BTT placeholder. I tried searching around this forum but didn't find much in the way of answers. Any advice? Am I doing something wrong in setup?

Setup:
MacBook Pro 2018
macOS Mojave 10.14.4
BTT 2.800
AquaTouch b3.4.0
AquaTouch GameMode b3.4.0

Hi @nvahren! Thanks for using AquaTouch!

I think this may be a config error on my side. You may need to wire up the buttons yourself. Thanks for bringing this up!

Normally you'd switch to Game Mode through the button in the Quick Apps strip (it's at the end of the list)
And switch back by holding option in Game Mode.

Maybe the buttons aren't updated to the names of the latest AquaTouchs, so they can't find the right preset to switch to.

I may make an update that fixes this and some other issues sometime soon, but I'm currently very busy and I don't have much time for AQT right now.

For now, try find the gamemode buttons, and set their predifined action to the right thing:

In the main AquaTouch:

In GameMode:

Game mode is a very old V1 feature and hasn't been touched since, so I do admit it needs a bit of a redesign, especially the switching part. I'll see how I could make switching clearer and maybe easier in the next design update.

Yup, looks like that did the trick. Thanks for the quick response!

1 Like

Hello! Love the preset and appreciate all the work that has gone into the development. Just a quick note -- how do you change the temperature unit from Fahrenheit to Celsius? Thank you!

Hi @Antairez,

That's weird, it should already be in celsius....

But anyway, you can easily change the unit type. Navigate to the widgets in the BTT window:

Click advanced configuration, and change this setting:

Repeat for all of the weather widgets. Don't forget the one outside the weather group, inside the shedules gorup!

Hello,
This is a lifesaver, thank you for all the work.
Just a small bug that came up: There seems to be some "z-fighting" for the right aligned buttons on the touchbar. Some examples below
Finder:

Preview:
Firefox:
Discord:

1 Like

Interesting. It's not happening here and I don't remember touching the priority values.

Could you try delete and reinstalling? Maybe something stuffed up on import for you...

Hi, Im fairly new to BTT, been using Golden Chaos for a month and switched to Aqua Touch today and Im loving it , I have one little issue, How am I going to enable Volume and brightness gestures when Im at Desktop, also Is there a way to copy Golden Chaos's Main layout for the desktop? Thank you

I've tried deleting, reinstalling, and restarting computer. It's mixed up even with fresh download and import.

Hi @Emre_Sagir!

I suppose you've minimised the macOS control strip.
Normally I just briefly open AQT, swipe and close it.
Alternatively you can re-enable the volume control on the macOS control strip in the system preferences "Customise Touch Bar"

I can't detect if the desktop is active unfortunately, but I guess you could import GC into the finder app, which will show when you click the desktop.

Unless you're really comfortable I don't recommend that though. Golden Chaos is a massive preset and you'd need to copy it's entirety into AQT Finder, keeping all it's wiring connected. That's pretty hard.

What did you need from the desktop? Maybe I can take a hint and chuck it into the next update :wink:

@TWHou
Hmm interesting. Will check but I don't seem to have much issues with my 4.0.1 copy.

Thanks for the reply! the main reason that I want the GC preset is to have the clock ,weather widgets on the strip whenever im afk with something else or on a unsupported app , also when I set the touchbar behaviour on Finder to hide system control strip it wont let me and goes back to the default mode, I dont want to see the default strip then have to click on the arrow to see the finder strip, isnt that possible ?

If you can teach me to bring a clock and battery widget to the desktop and the unsupported apps that would be really nice :blush: or If someone is using a some kind of preset like that I would really appreciate if they shared that.
Edit : also the notification for whatsapp shows a ? on the btt settings and I cant seem to make it work, do I have to tweak something ?
Thanks again.

Clock, weather on strip if afk

You can easily add a clock and weather widget!

1. Navigate to where you want it to appear (e.g. Finder, Unsupported Apps, or if you want it to appear everywhere put it into the control strip group.)

2. Press the '+ Widget / Gesture' button near the bottom right of the BTT window, and select what you want to add. Should be self-explanatory from here.

25%20am

If you need any more help feel free to comment again and i'll help you more specifically.

Finder TB Behaviour

Not sure what you're saying here. Did you want the AQT Finder set to open automatically?

Whatever it is, play with these, what you want is probably in there:

Whatsapp Badge Broken

Never seen this issue before, could you take a screenshot of it so I can check what it is exactly?
(⌘⇧6 to screenshot the touchbar)

Hi again, thanks for the tips for the widgets it works now. Its not a big deal but can I put the widgets to the right corner before the control strip ? theres no option to put it to the corner it only allows me to stick to the corner ( to the left side of the control strip)

About Touch Bar Behaviour, yes I want to set that to open automatically but whenever I set that to Show BTT Touchbar-Hide System CS it goes back to default mode as soon as I click it, not sure if its a bug.

Notification badges; Im not sure whats wrong actually, I first tought that Wp notifications was broken but Im not seeing any widget about anything. my dc mentions Whatsapp notifiations or twitch notifications. I checked if I was on DND mode but thats off.

Also as a feature suggestion
Would you like to make a custom Cinema 4D Bar ?
Its not open source but Its quite popular nowdays as a 3D modeller Software and I could help you out on what Shortcuts-Scrips users mostly use. ( Or I could try to make a Touch bar If I can manage and you could polish it or use it on AQT.

@Emre_Sagir

Stick to very right

1. Place the widget at the bottom of the list, after the control strip.
  2. Set it to 'stick to right'
  3. Set the display order to 3

36%20pm

TouchBar Behaviour

Huh, not sure about this one. That should work....
No idea how to fix that one, setting it to show BTT touchbar and hide os CS should work... Sorry but can't help you here! Possibly a BTT bug.

What app / activation group are you setting this setting on?

Notification Badges

So all notification badges are not working?
I think this issue has occured before, you're the second one.

Are you familliar with AppleSript? I'd like to know before continuing to solve this issue as if you are, I can tell you to check things without explaining how to do it (since you might already know how to do it) Just want to avoid wasting time making detailed tutorials :wink:

Of course if you aren't then we can still go, it might just take a little longer.

Feature Suggestion

Cinema 4D seems like a great addition!
I'm a bit short with time at the moment though so this may take a couple months. It'll be really helpful if you could make a bar to your needs (keep the general public in mind, so don't make the setup too personal to your workflow). As i'm not familiar with the software it'll be a great help!

I'll be happy to polish and neaten it up for official AQT use with credit!

Okay now the widgets are at the corners :ok_hand: thanks again.

I was trying to set it on the finder group but no worries clicking on one button to see the strip is not a huge deal :upside_down_face:

Im not familiar with AppleScript but when I look at your scipts it does not seem that difficult, I don't want to waste your time too much by making you deeply explain every step so If your answer to the other guy that had the same issue is public I could try to troubleshoot from that if you can share that answer and message you again If that does not work.
(little more info about the notification issue: All of the notification bubbles shows up briefly when I launch BTT while everything loads up so I think that the notification bubbles are there but btt does not trigger them or cant identify the app wich the notification should come from.)

Cinema 4D Suggestion
Cool, I'll start working on the C4D bar and will update you on that when Im done, also can I PM you or post in this thread if I have any questions or problems when Im making the bar ?

Figured I'd mention this if you want to include this in your next release: The default behavior for iTunes is set to still show the default macOS control strip on the right, which squishes the custom one into the remaining space. Changing this setting for the iTunes app from the default to "Show BetterTouchTool touch bar -- Hide ..." fixed it:

@Emre_Sagir

Cool, Cool, the start of the convo was here, we were trying to get a discord notif badge to work and eventually found out that whatsapp amd all badges didn’t work. Eventually we got this workaround. And yes you can PM me :wink:

It was already set to the correct value. This is another case of this setting randomly reverting back @Andreas_Hegenberg

I’ve been noticing this happening from the beginning, but it’s hard to spot exactly when because of the hidden menu