πŸ†• [v3.6.9] AquaTouch – The Powerful Touch Bar Redesign.

Can you send me what you changed to get the settings from Safari to Google Chrome? I also don't use Safari and don't know how to switch the buttons to Chrome.

Yeah when I told the script to turn it off instead of on the notifications came back thanks for linking that up. (Im running 10.14.4 just like that other guy so it could be software related bug but I assume more ppl shoulda have this issue if that was the problem since its the most recent one)

1 Like

@Emre_Sagir - Must be an OS issue then. I should update and check myself.

@cashquatch - Google Chrome web widgets are planned, but for workflow reasons they'll come once I get all planned safari widgets finished! (I suggest you step away from Google Chrome though as it's a gaping security hole)

Hi,

got a problem - I am trying to tweak Aqua a bit (disabling buttons I don't use & bringing "now playing" widget more into root view in some apps). However, after few such tweaks (really minor so far) I have encountered a situation when pressing either "new TB button" or "TB widget" does not create a new line in settings - simply nothing happens. The only way to fix it is to uninstall BTT, delete libraries and start from the scratch - resetting settings or deleting the preset does not help.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to solve this? I am on BTT 2.813 and Aqua b3.4.0.
Thanks in advance :wink:

Hi @budik!

This seems like it's a BTT-side issue. Unfortunately I can't do much here, but you can ask @Andreas_Hegenberg over at the #bug-reports thread!

@budik yep, if possible go to the about tab, click the "export debug information" button and send the BetterTouchToolDebug folder that will be placed on your desktop to andreas@folivora.ai. This will help me see why it doesn't create new rows.

Maybe for some reason no master preset is selected anymore?

Hello!
I recently updated BTT and started having this issue...

This is the default touchbar buttons (notice the media, calendar and options buttons on the right).

Sometimes, when I switch between applications, the touchbar turns to this:

(No esc button and no media, calendar buttons on the right)
and sometimes an error appears (Global mode enabled by holding the BTT button even if I'm not actually touching it).

The only way to make it work again is to restart BTT.
Has this happened to anyone else as well?

Thank you! :slight_smile:

EDIT:
Here is a screenshot of the error. It just happened again so I could take a screenshot of it

@marpon I have totally same things happening, have to restart BTT every hour or so. Hope @yuuiko can find a way to fix it because it's really annoying

@marpon, @11134
Really Not sure why that first one is happening... I haven't had that one on my side

For the error, make sure you have this option checked in the touchbar settings:

I've revamped the error message in my build with 'attempt to fix' buttons:

There's not much I can do without encountering the issue myself, so uh, feeling kind of stuck for this one. Do you have any more information?

@yuuiko I have touchbar settings in BTT set by aquatouch itself, and 'hide global actions' has been set all the time, so its getting triggered not because of this. Among those two problems, from time to time BTT window gets suddenly opened with focus on it, maybe some script which does that.

1 Like

I'm on the latest macOS now, but I'm not seeing any issues, neither the notification badge issue or the quickstrip.

I think the missing quickstrip happened once but then quickly appeared after about 0.5s...

@Emre_Sagir is your macOS language in english?

@marpon what btt version are you running? I have a bit outdated one 2.803 maybe update will help
btw I also had to turn off the DND script because it wasn't working, macos language english

@11134 @Emre_Sagir

@Andreas_Hegenberg is adding a new way to sense DND, to BTT as well as some new dock badge tech. These should be better than what we have now (more stable, energy efficient) so I guess it’s just a waiting game now!

Whoooou these modifier suggestions are looking amazing

@Dom

when yuuiko has no willpower to start his actual work and gets bored, this is the result
1 Like

C'mon man, Apple is waiting for you to buy your preset .... Do you want they'll present another Macbook pro with its useless default touchbar? :joy::joy:

1 Like

Hi Yuuiko!!! I find your preset pretty amazing!! Can you please add a JAYBIRD touch button, for the bluetooth connection ... just as the beats, etc ... THANX!! :slight_smile:

Sorry for my late reply but I've been busy in the weekend. I'm running the 2.803 as well!

@marpon Update to latest alpha version helped me, all problems were fixed (running trial version now, but its quite long - 45 days)

Just updated all notification widgets to the new method. They are working amazingly well. I have them all on and its not draining much battery, and startup feels much smoother.

2 Likes

@Julio_Orozco
I might add a general bluetooth button if that works, I'm not sure if this is possible though as beats have an apple chip in them. Will look into it but no grantees..