🆕 [v3.6.9] AquaTouch – The Powerful Touch Bar Redesign.

Hei @yuuiko! In my opinion ...

1. To simplify and to clean the original post you could delete the poll because off it's a little bit intrusive and a new user isn't interested into reading it but he want to read what can he does with AQT.

2. You could update screenshots because they refer to AQT 2.0

3. Maybe adding into the gesture tips that you can use shift + option to control more precisely volume/brightness ecc ecc

4. Maybe i'll change titles ("about", "take a look", ecc ecc") color to make them even more visibile

This advices are really subjective so you can take it or not!... In my opinion in these months you had already improved a lot the first page so at the moment you can't do much more XD

Great advice!

I pretty much have those suggestions planned for 2, 3 and 4, I may even make them animate-in if free time permits!

I think 1 is a good thing to keep though as it makes someone go “whoa thiis is going well, what’s this about?” and gives me feedback from more people since it’s easier for them to submit and without needing to write a comment.

And oops, my mistake: you can peep into my hidden post testing thread if you use the contents XD, will fix!

1 Like

Sorry for the long time no answering.
I tested it in Script Editor and it shows that LCL_DNDStatus is ON. I think I enabled DND by mistake?

Great. That should be the issue. All notification badges don't show up if that is set to on. Try pressing the moon button in the controls and see what happens.

But MacOS says that DND is off (I checked via Notification Center). I wonder why it says it's ON. Is BTT has its own DND setting or what?

My preset sets that variable based on whether DND is on or off. Maybe it's bugged out for you.....

Make sure the DND Handler widget exists and is active (should be found at the top of the notification badge group)

As a temporary fix, you can run this code to reset the variable:

tell application "BetterTouchTool" to set_persistent_string_variable "DNDStatus" to "OFF"

If you use this workaround then disable DND sensing by disabling the DND Handler Widget to avoid the variable switching back

I am feeling this is more of OS specific issue rather than your script issue.
What OS are you using? I am using macOS Mojave 10.14.4 . I think your script isn't working on this specific version.
After I "disable" your DND handling script (by telling it to return OFF instead of ON), it shows the badge, at last!
Before:

After:

Edit: How about reversing the check? So if it sees DND enabled, hide the badge, else show the badge

Hello everyone, I love AquaTouch and all the customizability, I've just been using it last couple of days. What I would like to know concerning the future updates, I did quite a lot of custiomisations, mostly turning buttons and options off, but also adding some of them, also doing some visualization changes with rounded corners and margins to make a setup suited to my work process.

So if I in the future update to some future version, will all of this be lost and I will need to do it again? Or can this somehow be saved as user profile?

Thank you!

Hi @Link and sorry for the late reply.

I'm running Mojave 10.14.3. I'll update and check if it's working. For now disable that DND handler and keep the variable set to off.

Reversing the check wouldn't do much as i suspect the check isn't working properly anyway.

Thanks for the time! I'll get back sometime soon with any results. This may be a few weeks though as i'm quite busy.

Hi @komeci!

Glad you're enjoying AquaTouch!

Unfortunately any changes that are not set via the AQT settings won't carry over to next versions.. (the triggers you've added directly into the preset itself. (explanation soon)

You'd need to manually redo the changes for any updates, since I don't have a way to know of any edits and handle them from my end. There are ways to make the manual redo-ing easier however.

Using more than one preset

BTT allows you to have more than one preset active at one time. One should be set as master, which all new triggers will go to, but the triggers from other active preset will be merged into the current setup.

You can use this function to somewhat preserve any new triggers and apps across updates on my side. (but not edits (changes) to AQT as they will go to the AQT preset, which will be replaced on update. It can only work for things that can be seperate from AQT, new triggers that are added in.)

Doing this means that you can preserve your added triggers and more easily merge them into the new update, (as you can keep your changes but update AQT separately since they are seperate presets but merged).

I can probably guarantee, however, a rough transition especially if I change anything where you've added things... e.g. if you put additional buttons into an app, then I completely change how that app works. You'd need to clean up that section as your buttons may get misplaced. But at least it's not as hard as starting over and instead just fixing things up :confused:

Adapting your current setup

In theory, you'd do this before starting any edit:
You'd make a new preset for your additions and have AQT as non-master. You'd add your new triggers to that personal preset then have them both active at the same time (Your Custom as Master, AQT as a background active) so they merge for daily use.

But since you already have things in AQT, you'd need to move them out to it's own preset.
I recommend backing up your current customised AQT (very important since BTT likes to stuff up when deleting things), then delete everything that isn't yours from your current AQT leaving your new triggers behind in the right place. (to put it visually, pluck all the AQT off and leave your triggers behind)

Then you can load a fresh copy of AQT as a seperate preset, set your personal preset as master and clean up any mishaps there. Like this:

(you can also color-code each preset so you can easily keep track of which belongs to which in the UI in that last column)

Sorry for the wall of text as it's a complicated matter, but I hope it's helpful to you. Tell me how it goes!

Lastly, I'm also interested to see what you've added to your preset! If you don't mind, could you attatch your version here so I could take a look? If I find anything that could help a wide audience then I'll add it in to the official preset, credited of course!

Good luck preparing for updates!

1 Like

Quick update

I haven't done much, but Google Sheets is coming!

(SF widget control strip is kinda broken due to the auto-open soundcloud. Still figuring that one up)

If anyone reading this isn't aware, this update is focused on making AQT less 'not complete but in construction' and more 'complete and in active development', which means finishing off half-done widgets, polishing instructions, manuals and generally fixing up what I have now in order to remove that beta tag.

Changelog so far:

2 Likes

Hey all, and @yuuiko

First of all, really nice work. I'm impressed.

I'm having a hard time getting the "Game Mode" preset to work alongside the usual one. I downloaded both from the download link above, then set "AquaTouch-b3.4.0" as the master preset. If I enable the "AquaTouch-b3.4.0-GameMode" preset as well then I end up with some kind of mashed-together preset with elements of both. If I disable it, the normal AquaTouch preset works fine. However, with GameMode enabled or disabled the Game Mode button in the apps menu on the right-hand side apparently just breaks and disables both presets, kicking me back to the stock touch bar or the "No actions configured" BTT placeholder. I tried searching around this forum but didn't find much in the way of answers. Any advice? Am I doing something wrong in setup?

Setup:
MacBook Pro 2018
macOS Mojave 10.14.4
BTT 2.800
AquaTouch b3.4.0
AquaTouch GameMode b3.4.0

Hi @nvahren! Thanks for using AquaTouch!

I think this may be a config error on my side. You may need to wire up the buttons yourself. Thanks for bringing this up!

Normally you'd switch to Game Mode through the button in the Quick Apps strip (it's at the end of the list)
And switch back by holding option in Game Mode.

Maybe the buttons aren't updated to the names of the latest AquaTouchs, so they can't find the right preset to switch to.

I may make an update that fixes this and some other issues sometime soon, but I'm currently very busy and I don't have much time for AQT right now.

For now, try find the gamemode buttons, and set their predifined action to the right thing:

In the main AquaTouch:

In GameMode:

Game mode is a very old V1 feature and hasn't been touched since, so I do admit it needs a bit of a redesign, especially the switching part. I'll see how I could make switching clearer and maybe easier in the next design update.

Yup, looks like that did the trick. Thanks for the quick response!

1 Like

Hello! Love the preset and appreciate all the work that has gone into the development. Just a quick note -- how do you change the temperature unit from Fahrenheit to Celsius? Thank you!

Hi @Antairez,

That's weird, it should already be in celsius....

But anyway, you can easily change the unit type. Navigate to the widgets in the BTT window:

Click advanced configuration, and change this setting:

Repeat for all of the weather widgets. Don't forget the one outside the weather group, inside the shedules gorup!

Hello,
This is a lifesaver, thank you for all the work.
Just a small bug that came up: There seems to be some "z-fighting" for the right aligned buttons on the touchbar. Some examples below
Finder:

Preview:
Firefox:
Discord:

1 Like

Interesting. It's not happening here and I don't remember touching the priority values.

Could you try delete and reinstalling? Maybe something stuffed up on import for you...

Hi, Im fairly new to BTT, been using Golden Chaos for a month and switched to Aqua Touch today and Im loving it , I have one little issue, How am I going to enable Volume and brightness gestures when Im at Desktop, also Is there a way to copy Golden Chaos's Main layout for the desktop? Thank you

I've tried deleting, reinstalling, and restarting computer. It's mixed up even with fresh download and import.