Useless Notch? Dynamic Notch! Meet Hi Notch!

Verified BetterTouchTool Preset

macOS GitHub Tag GitHub Release Date - Published_At GitHub License GitHub Downloads (all assets, all releases)

Useless Notch? Dynamic Notch!

Hi Notch! makes using your MacBook even more productive. It displays additional buttons and statuses of active applications such as web browsers, Apple Music, Microsoft Teams or Zoom.

:warning: Note: This is still in a test version, which means that there may be errors. Currently available features may be significantly modified or even removed. Bugs should be reported on GitHub.

Available functions

Turnouts

• Mission Control - quick access to Mission Control from any window.
  • Siri and Screen Saver - call Siri and lock screen directly from the Desktop.
  • Window management - left, right, top, bottom - you choose where you want the active window to go (based on Andreas Hegenberg's preset).
  • Arc Browser - quickly ask ChatGPT or search on website.
  • Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari and other browsers - copy URL from active tab or search on website.

Statuses

• Battery level - the battery level appears on the left side of the Notch. Is something covered up? Hide it by double-clicking on Notch!
  • Music and multimedia - pause and resume multimedia, and check the title and artist of the song being played when you hover the cursor over it.
  • Conferences - mute or unmute and leave the meeting with one click (currently supported apps: Microsoft Teams (work or school) and Zoom).

NotchAssistant

Save time! In Word, Pages and Mail applications, you can use the help of artificial intelligence. All you have to do is type in a text box what you want to appear, and at the click of a button it will turn it into a masterpiece!

...and much more features!

You will get a notification about new updates every time you run BetterTouchTool (can be turned off in preset settings; click Battery Level Status to open settings).

Instalation

The fastest and safest way is to click the button below.

GitHub file size in bytes

You can also install from a file.

Very nice. Seems to work great!

1 Like

Update

Release 24022 Version 24022

Changes

• Added support for Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Safari browsers
  • Added support for Apple Music
  • Added highlighting of buttons in Turnouts when hovering the cursor
  • Added higher priority for multimedia
  • Fixed minor bugs: aligned Turnouts and removed redundant code for multimedia (left over from the closed test version)

Download

Install this version directly
or download as file from GitHub.

hi the chatgpt button doesnt seem to work on arc in the notch, also is there a way to reduce the size the notch is?

the battery on the left overlaps the help on the menubar at times

Hi,
I found a bug related to the Arc browser and have already fixed it. I also have an idea on how to solve the Notch width problem.
The update will appear later today.

Update

Release 24023 Version 24023

Changes

• Added double-click: double-click Notch to hide battery level
  • Added support for Opera GX and Microsoft Edge browsers
  • Optimized link copy code for browsers
  • Fixed integration with Arc Browser

Download

1 Like

this is such a simple and amazing plugin. Moving the battery to the left of the notch and hovering over it to get window manaagment. Totally changed the game for me. Thank you for sharing this and amazing work.

1 Like

Thank you so much! Your opinion means a lot to me. I create this project especially for users like you!

of course, people like you make using BTT so much better.

By the way I did just ran into one issue right now. I was on a zoom call and I kept clicking the mute button and I couldn't get it to work. Same with the ending the call.

They didn't go away either until I closed the entire app either. So the call ended, i'm not logged into zoom, and it was still showing the buttons on my notch even after I minimized zoom.

I can keep you updated to see if this keeps happening or if goes away. Just wanted to let you know about it.

Thank you very much for your kind words and for this report. I use the Microsoft Teams app more often than Zoom and probably the bug with the buttons not working appeared when I added support for the new version of Teams (work or school). I'll try to release an update later today.
As for the continuous display of mute and disconnect buttons while the application is running, this is done on purpose so that you can use these functions even when the conferencing application is minimized. I'll think if it can be solved in some other way.
If you have any ideas for features I could add to Hi Notch! then I'd love to hear them :slight_smile:

1 Like

Update

Release 24024 Minimum required BetterTouchTool Version 4.401

Changes

• Added update notifications when BetterTouchTool is launched.
  • Added a settings menu when clicking the battery icon.
  • Added statuses to Microsoft Word and Pages apps: a button that selects all text and a button that writes the content of the selected command using NotchAssistant based on artificial intelligence.
  • Added statuses to Mail: an icon to indicate the number of unread messages and a button that writes the content of the selected command using NotchAssistant.
  • Added the ability to hide the status of a conference by clicking the Turnouts with the microphone icon.
  • Compressed the download file.
  • Removed opening the battery settings when clicking the battery icon.
  • Fixed on integration with Zoom app.

Download

2 Likes

Update

Release 24025 Minimum required BetterTouchTool Version 4.401

Changes

• Settings have been updated.
  • Some scripts have been optimized.
  • Changed battery icons.
  • Changed artificial intelligence icons for applications: Mail, Pages and Microsoft Word.
  • Preparations for the add-on.

Download

1 Like

Update

Release 24026 Minimum required BetterTouchTool Version 4.403

Changes

• Moved Hi Notch! triggers to the Hi Notch! group.
  • Fixed a bug with counting unreaded mails in Mail app.

Download

Update

Release 24031 Minimum required BetterTouchTool Version 4.465

Changes

• Added "Check for updates" button in settings.
  • Added Adobe and Affinity software support.
  • Changed expansion and retraction animations to be smoother.

Download

HI !
So nice looking, want to use and customise for my needs. created and issue on git hub
Will repeat here, maybe here you'll reply faster

Hi, really like what you did, want to add/customize a little

Music playback
I'd like to see what is playing always when it does is it possible to

1. always show track name when it is playing ?
  2. when it is paused show button play (like pause when playing) and also next and prev track ?

Battery
Currently I'm using Aldente app for charching and controlling battery, is it possible to use it menu icon instead of the one you do and also add rule that is appears when battery is 20% or less (currently I use bartender for this scenario)

Display and my own buttons
Can I actually customise it myself ? for example I have couple of menus for display switch and audiooutput created in bettertouchtool, I'd love to add them also to dropdown menu?
I can send examples if required

Thanks in advance

oh and what do this buttons do ? can't understand

added my buttons )

1 Like

Hi, I responded to your issue on GitHub.

The first button launches a search on the currently open page (just like the keyboard shortcut ⌘F does), while the second one copies the link to the currently open page. If you have any other ideas of what could be included, I'd love to hear from you :slight_smile:

Awesome! <3
Remember only that you will lose your changes once you upgrade Hi Notch! to a newer version.

adding this two buttons takes around 5 minutes, so it's not a problem at all to do this after update, anyway turned it off for a while.

btw if I'm not the only one who wants to customise HiNotch it can be done by adding separate personal flowing menu and hover two of them on mouse moved to notch ?

all other questions will reply on GitHub not to spam you everywhere.

I'll see what I can do :slight_smile: