Sibelius TouchBar Preset

I designed this Touch Bar as a replacement for the numeric keypad, finally making Sibelius useful on a laptop! I also threw in extra functions as well.

How To Install

1. Download BetterTouchTool with this link & I'll receive 40% :slight_smile: folivora.ai - Great Tools for your Mac!

2. Download Preset: folivora.ai - Great Tools for your Mac!

Sibelius1.0.2.bttpreset (755.8 KB)

1. Match Settings to my Screenshots

HOLD CONTROL TO BRING UP THE DEFAULT TOUCH BAR

Add These Key Commands to Sibelius

Cmd shift alt ctr F fermata

Cmd shift alt ctr P Pedal

Modifiers

• Hold Shift To bring up extra functions such as beaming, grace notes, and Lines.

Long Presses

Good Luck, hope all works well! please feel free to leave suggestions and comments!

Hey, I'm brand new to this piece of software but wanted to thank you for this tool which i've got working wonderfully.

Only issue is that the default touch bar didn't come up when I pressed control but that was easily fixable. Just wondered if that was an issue in the original or a bug in the version I downloaded.

Thanks.

Hi,
Glad you are getting good use out of it! hmm that's strange, not sure why. mind telling me how you fixed it?

This is awesome!!! Thank you very much. It's working perfectly for me, including the control option to show the default touch bar.

As a note, the fermata shortcut is found in the "Keypad (articulations)" category, and pedal in the "Line styles" one.

Glad you like it!
Thanks for the note :slight_smile:

Hey thanks for sharing, I didn't quite get how to use the tempo and dynamics functions..

Hey no problem! just hold your finger down on the tempo or dynamic buttons.

Hi. Love what you have here. I'm also new to this software, and I'm wondering. I'm unable to access the full touch bar as i only have a 13" mac book pro. Is there an ability to scroll, like there is in Logic Pro X, or another way as to accessing the rest of the touch bar. Thanks in advance!!

I created this touch bar on the 13 inch MacBook Pro, so I’m not completely sure what you mean. Are you talking about other sections of controls? If you hold shift it should bring those up. Also if you hold your finger down on on the E and T on the Touch Bar you will get tempo and dynamics. Hope that solves it!

I can only see about 2/3 of the first preset, starting from the numbers for the voices, to the right side. The left side is cut off, and therefore I’m unable to access such features. Is there a way to remove the mac book preset ones to the right (volume ect)???

1 Like

Never mind. Ive found a solution. Thanks!!

What was the solution? Sorry I was just having the same issue

Open the BetterTouchTool application. Under the tooth bar menu, disable the top tick box ‘Show Mac control strip’.

This removes the volume function when better touch tool is in use, but gives you access to the full selection

Thanks for the reply, but I still sadly have the default touch bar (x on the left and brightness/volume on the right) controls still appearing for me, despite having the option deselected. I wonder what else might be causing it?

Actually just made it work, switched the preset from default to the Sibelius one and made sure the "Show MacOS Control Strip" option was still deselected after a restart. Thanks again!

This is really great, thanks!

My biggest suggestion would be to allow for scrolling in the Sibelius options. I'd want to have access to volume control, especially while working in a program based in audio.

Note: to get to the screenshot shown above, click "Touch Bar Settings" in BetterTouchBar. Screenshot above is from an older version.

Hello. Thank you for this brilliant tool. One question: you say long press E for expression options. I cannot see an 'E' on your Sibelius Touch Bar preset. Everything else works a treat. Thanks again.

Oh my lord this is amazing thank you

Hello,
I tried to download the preset but I got a 502 Bad Gateway error.
Can you help me?

Thank you very much!

Hey! Thanks for letting me know, it works now!