Show / Hide Specific Application started to show all windows instead of recently active

Describe the bug

After updating to Big Sur, the Show / Hide Specific Application action brings up all open application windows instead of only the most recently active one. What's even more troublesome is that the window at the top is often not the most recently active one.

Before Big Sur, it'd bring up only the most recently active window, pressing the shortcut again would hide the window and then pressing it again would show all windows. Now it happens on the first shortcut press.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):

MacBook keyboard.

Device information:

• Type of Mac: MBP Retina 13" Mid 2014
  • macOS version: 11.1
  • BetterTouchTool version: 3.540 (1679), happens on alpha 3.541 (1680) too

Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):

I found another thread where someone complains about the exact opposite behavior. Show/Hide Specific Application doesn't show all windows

Last message from 7 months ago there says that the issue was "fixed" with Big Sur, but for me it broke a part of my workflow. :wink: It seems like introducing another option to tweak the behavior even more would be a good solution. But hey, I'm not the author, do what you think is best!

Bump, as it still happens on macOS 11.2.3 and BTT 3.570.

Still seeing this as well on 12.6.1 and BTT 3.936