Random App Behaviour Reset Bug

Describe the bug

The application touchbar behaviour resets at random, for random apps. It's causing quite some annoyances out there on AquaTouch...

These show the macOS CS, which shouldn't be showing. (Show MacOS CS, Hide BTT bar)
Apparently it resets to default.

Affected input device: TouchBar

Device information:

• Type of Mac: MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports)
  • macOS version: 10.14.4
  • BetterTouchTool version: 3.065

Mh, did you encounter this yourself or just your users?

Yes, i do encounter this myself sometimes.

does it happen right after using a gesture? I have added one additional check in the latest alpha, but possibly the system "gesture finished" call is not coming through for some reason. Unfortunately I haven't observed this here so far.

Is that for the other thread?

https://community.folivora.ai/t/gesture-graphic-resides-after-sliding/8963/2

Yes, the gesture bar hang does happen right after. Sliding it again usually fixes it.
As for if the random reset, I'm not sure as it's hard to check every single app to find out when it happens

Just started the free trial of better touch tool and I believe this preset will definitely make me buy I was just wondering, there seems to a be problem with the notification badges. It was good for the first 10 minutes but then suddenly, they disappeared. When I try to open them again (by disabling them the enabling them) they open for a split second then close down. Please help!

@shoysauce

Are you talking about AQT?
If so, not sure what could be wrong with the notification badges. I've had another person with the same 'not appearing' issues though he didn't have it working at all.

Does the notification badges in AQT v3.4.0 work for you? If that works, then it might be a BTT issue.

@Andreas_Hegenberg ?

Any luck on this issue? It still seems that people are getting the app behaviour setting randomly reset.

I got a few logs, but in these cases it turned out that the users changed the display mode for the specific app manually (but possibly accidentally)

I haven’t observed any random changes yet. You also don’t have a way to reproduce this, correct?

No not reliably unfortunatley. It does seem to be happening less though...

Maybe the UI has something to do with it, could be a user related action is triggering something in the UI.

@Andreas_Hegenberg

Just re-imported my own preset and it happened to a lot of apps/CAGs.

Could be an import issue. Try importing my preset and checking all the app/CAG settings. Everything should be set either to Hide CS, Hide TB or Hide CS, Show TB, except for web widget handlers and the AQT handlers at the top (with black and white icons)