New BetterTouchTool UI Progress

Many little fixes for the reported problems in v2.827 (Currently being notarized)

2 Likes

Latest Update: 2.830 Copy/Paste in list of triggers not working on a button with Keystroke, other actions seem to copy/paste.

Also...
Still seeing this overlapping search field. No results or doesn't applywhat selected. Have to close app and try again.

That seems to work fine here (there shouldn't be a difference between keystroke / non-keystroke triggers).

Does it copy the json to the clipboard when you copy it?

This will not copy/paste to create another one. (Also edited above post, adding another bug)

Will it paste here in the forum after you copy it?

No, nothing being copied for that particular action. Noting stored in clipboard. I see menu flash as if its copying. But nothing when I paste. Maybe Ill reboot again.

Also when a paste is successful, a strange scrolling action happens visually to the entire action table view. Not a big deal, but its different.

Save Icon image is missing... (From Right click menu) :slightly_frowning_face:

Just discovered the cool visual separator feature. Not sure when this was added, but thank you for adding it @Andreas_Hegenberg :slight_smile:

1 Like

Added a week or more ago, and has recently gotten even better with color choice. I like it too.

yeah, probably need to add different colors for dark/light mode though :slight_smile:

I think I can now reproduce the issues you reported @K2DesignLab, will fix tomorrow!

It's currently available via the file menu, but I'll add it to the right-click as well.

Anyone use FaceTime on your Mac? Can you make a call and see if you are able to see the Audio "Visuals"/Waveform in the FaceTime Display on the screen.

I can't be sure if this is related to BTT, but my FaceTime calls now sow a "flat-line" audio. Works otherwise, but no visuals when audio is being played/transmitted.

UPDATE: It's only calls I make FROM the Mac. Not received. I did get a notice about BTT and Secure Text Entry for FaceTime.

Strange bug when adding a Trigger using the bottom + button in column view. At times it copy/paste the trigger I'm on, other times it adds a trigger. When it copy/pastes, it may only be a visual thing, because if I leave that view/list and go back the blank trigger is there.

Also had multiple crashes when Naming a Visual Separator and pressing save. Not every time, but it seems after I have done some deleting in the list of triggers, then add a visual separator, BTT crashes completely.

are you on the latest build? Fixed some things there this morning, but maybe I missed something.

Yes, running 2.835 (1115)

+1 for this bug, I think thats how it created the This TouchBar Applescript Widget crashes BTT when run.

New UI doesn't seem to support inputting modifiers for some 'other triggers'

1 Like

Good point, just added the modifier selection there.

About the add button issue.
Do you know whether it happens with both add buttons or just with one of them?

Not sure but I think i was using the toolbar one

on a note i think circular or image buttons are better aesthetically too :wink: