"move window to desktop #X" action does (too) often not work

Describe the bug
In too many cases this did not work for me :((

Is there any way to further debug this ?

// I have a keyboard shortcut that assigns Left-Option + r to action "Move windows to desktop 14" and this did not work with slack.

// I have a keyboard shortcut that assigns Left-Option + § to action "Move window to desktop 15" and this did not work with libreoffice.

// I have a keyboard shortcut that assigns: Left-Option + w to action "Move window to desktop 12".

This works with a "Terminal" window or the BetterTouch Settings window... but NOT with a chromium window.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):

Macbook Keyboard ShortCut

Screenshots

Device information:

• Type of Mac: Macbook Pro 16"

• macOS version: Catalina

• BetterTouchTool version: 3.214 (brew cask install bettertouchtool)

• Slack Version: brew cask install slack

• Libreoffice Version: brew cask install libreoffice

• Chromium Version: Affected versions I tested today (2020-01-09) are: 729167 (brew cask install chromium) AND 79.0.3945.88-1.1 (brew cask install eloston-chromium) AND 79.0.3945.79 (brew cask install freesmug-chromium)

Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):

How can I further debug this ?

Same for me on a MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2018, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports).

Bettertouchtool window can change desktops, but no other applications do.

you need to grant BTT the screen recording permission for this to work (https://folivora.ai/blog/post/13011)

I found a solution here

It seems like on Catalina apps require the "Screen Recording" permission to read window titles (which BTT needs to identify the windows it is moving). This is stupid because it doesn't record the screen, but I assume that's the issue.

Could you check whether enabling BTT in System Preferences => Security & Privacy => Privacy => Screen Recording fixes the issue? If so I'll add a warning popup to BTT.

The easiest way to add it is to capture a screenshot using one of the screenshot actions in BTT, macOS should then ask for permission.

@Andreas_Hegenberg : For me it still does not work with Firefox. NEVER. Is that a known issue?

Hi, I have similar issues, but I can move windows to target desktops on the same monitor. If the target desktop is on another monitor, it won't move, any reason about this?