Mouse Window Menu (MWM) - Window Management via Floating Menu

Made a few changes; but nice preset for sure. it's simple. I like it.

How do you change the trigger (from control to a different key)?

1 Like

Nice!

1 Like

You just saved me many hours of procrastination with this because I've wanted to build pretty much exactly the same thing for a while. Now I only need to change a couple of actions and I can get back to work :smile:

Thanks a lot for polishing it up and sharing, much appreciated!

1 Like

@jangelsb Thank you for this. Like @Ryan_Mak, I was also wondering how to change the trigger from ctrl to another key or key combo.

1 Like

[ moved post down to the bottom ]

Hey @albertsj1 (and @Ryan_Mak) thanks for checking out my preset :slight_smile:

I would recommend checking out v11 and seeing if that works better for you. V11 changes the structure to use the Right Mouse button instead, hold and let go to trigger - and it works great!

But to change the CTRL command, you can, but you only can change it to one of the supported modifiers shown here:

And then for the keyboard shortcuts I, J, K, L to work, you would need to update them to also use that modifier (e.g., CMD + J)

Hi all - sorry for being MIA - it's been a busy hectic few months and the next few months will also be hectic - lots going on. But I wanted to bring you all a quick update to MWM: Version 11! I use it every day and I have been tweaking it to make it better!

Version 11

MouseWindowMenu_v11.bttpreset (3.7 MB)

I ended up going back to the basics and changing it to be a Right Click (and hold) only menu - like @Andreas_Hegenberg suggested. I think this is way better. You hold the right click button and then drag to where you want to go, let go, and boom!

This frees up the ctrl key from causing keyboard shortcut collisions. And I haven't had any keyboard shortcut collisions since! What's also nice is this right click gesture also works on a trackpad (just click and hold with two fingers) :slight_smile:

I also added a secondary menu - for those who need even more quick actions.

So hold the right click button down for a few seconds and you get this menu:

But then if you hold ctrl and then hold the right click button down for a few seconds, you get this menu:

I haven't finished filling out the second menu, but fill free to change it up, add new actions, with custom icons! Please share your creations :smiley:

How to make custom icons in Affinity Designer:

custom.btt.icons.zip (21.3 KB)

Steps

1. Export as SVG
  2. Load in BTT from Disk
  3. Change color to white

My Window Settings

This is spectacular... Very excited to start playing with this!

1 Like

Is it possible to move the window to the next virtual desktop?

Half of these buttons send the app window from the external monitor display back to the native display - which isn't what I want.

You're talking about the 4 Custom Move / Resize Window buttons:

Menu Item: Move Left
Menu Item: Move Right
Menu Item: Custom Center Mid
Menu Item: Custom Center Left

Those items have a setting for "Use this monitor when setting the new position for a window" set.

You need to configure the Custom Move / Resize and set that to "Screen with the mouse cursor" if that's what you want it to do.