Missing Setting: Special Application Switcher

Bug Description

In previous versions of BTT, there was an option to use the "Special Application Switcher" by navigating to the Predefined Action Settings tab of the advanced preferences section. (See below screenshot.) Since the introduction of the updated UI, this option seems to have disappeared entirely from any/all of the settings panels.

As a short-term workaround, you can temporarily switch back to the old BTT UI, enable the special app switcher, and then flip back to the new UI. But this is kind of a pain!

Device Information

• Model Type: MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2019)
  • OS Version: macOS v10.14.5 (18F132)
  • BTT Version: BTT v3.100 (1207)

it's on my todo list to integrate these settings in the configuration side-bar in the new UI soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re the man!

1 Like

I can't seem to find the setting. Did you have a chance to implement it? If you did, would you be able to point it out to me? Thanks!

1 Like

This is a feature I miss since upgrading today. Hopefully it will get implemented soon.

While setting a shortcut to launch the App Switcher I got the message below about trying out the Special Appswitcher.

I looked for this option in the preferences but couldn't find it. Has it been removed or is it still being implemented?

If removed it would be good to remove this message as well.

Thank you

I got the same message when I reset the settings. I used to have that special appswitcher even with the recent updates but now that I've reset the settings I can't use it anymore.

You can enable this setting in old configuration UI

Can I configure this somehow now? I just installed BTT because of this feature mentioned here but it seems this no longer works?!

I ended up here from the same thread. I'm basically trying to replicate the Win11 functionality of being able to swipe with 3 fingers through windows on the current Space. Is this possible?

Apparently this is now under the Application Switcher action, i.e. after you choose that action for a trigger, in its settings on the right is a checkbox called "Use Gesture Mode". The info popup box you see the first time you use it still refers to the old UI's "Preferences - Action Settings" as shown above, and needs to be changed.

See also: