LEFT MOUSE CLICK, DOUBLE CLICK and LEFT-CLICK-DRAG

Hello,

I am having huge difficulty assigning the letter 'Q' on my keyboard to perform as a left mouse button, including the actions left-click, double-click and hold/drag.

It seems like the simplest task for BTT and yet I have been unsuccessful in making this happen!

I have major tendon damage on my right arm and I am trying to decrease the usage of my right hand, so I thought assigning the left click to a keyboard key for my left hand would be a good starting point.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

Alberto

1 Like

This is a bit complicated because you need to add two different shortcuts, one for when the Q key is down, and one for when it's up.
Then you need to use the predefined action "More Mouse Buttons & Modifiers" to trigger a left mouse down when the key-down shortcut is triggered and a "left mouse up" when a key-up shortcut is triggered

You can copy & paste these two jsons into BTT (just cmd+c here and cmd+v in BTT):

{
  "BTTTriggerClass" : "BTTTriggerTypeKeyboardShortcut",
  "BTTPredefinedActionType" : 119,
  "BTTPredefinedActionName" : "More Mouse Buttons & Modifiers(โŒƒโŒฅโ‡งโŒ˜) \/ Custom Click",
  "BTTCustomClickConfig" : "100(null)",
  "BTTCustomClickUpDownConfig" : "1",
  "BTTAdditionalConfiguration" : "0",
  "BTTEnabled2" : 1,
  "BTTUUID" : "08B5A93D-7F72-484E-AB06-7CD546FAA47E",
  "BTTTriggerOnDown" : 1,
  "BTTEnabled" : 1,
  "BTTShortcutKeyCode" : 12,
  "BTTShortcutModifierKeys" : 0,
  "BTTOrder" : 15
}
{
  "BTTTriggerClass" : "BTTTriggerTypeKeyboardShortcut",
  "BTTPredefinedActionType" : 119,
  "BTTPredefinedActionName" : "More Mouse Buttons & Modifiers(โŒƒโŒฅโ‡งโŒ˜) \/ Custom Click",
  "BTTCustomClickConfig" : "100(null)",
  "BTTCustomClickUpDownConfig" : "2",
  "BTTAdditionalConfiguration" : "0",
  "BTTEnabled2" : 1,
  "BTTUUID" : "9A18334E-A718-47B5-A775-02F4755138EA",
  "BTTTriggerOnDown" : 0,
  "BTTEnabled" : 1,
  "BTTShortcutKeyCode" : 12,
  "BTTShortcutModifierKeys" : 0,
  "BTTOrder" : 16
}

However when doing this, you won't be able to type the letter Q anymore!