🎧 K2 AirPod Pro Preset

Ok K2. Thanks

That being said, Ive never had an issue at it works for me 100% of the time.

Hi K2,

for me weird. I just tested again and nothing

Check the pref. file, maybe you can get a clue where your AirPods Battery Percent are named something else. /library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth. Just parsing data from that file. Dont think BTT requires any further security authorizations in Mac OS system Prefs...

Ok. I have to modify a particular information

in the AppleScript for this widget... not normally. But I dont know what PC you are running etc. Good luck.

ps. I would like to help more, just dont have that time right now.

on MacBook Pro M1

I'm having a great time using this wonderful preset. But while using, I thought that it would help me better if the percentage words were a little bigger. Is there a way to separate the percentage of the left airpods and right airpods? Or if it's impossible, is there a way to make the percentages from vertical to horizontal?For example, I would want it to be displayed like this -->(L 100%, R100%). I tried to modify the apple script and make the percentages written in horizontal, but it didn't turn out well.

1 Like

I could whip up something for you. Maybe two separate buttons, so you can arrange them how you wish. I should have some time tonight to knock this out for you.

I completed the work on a version that includes the option for condenced single button, and multiple battery value buttons. UPDATE v.1.5 Posted in original post for download.

Thank you for reflecting my opinion! I'm having great time with the new preset. By the way, I am curious about how the 'Noise Control' on the Touch Bar works out. I have pressed the button both short and long, but I couldn't detect any difference. I would like to know how to make it work.

I have had only a little buggy success with having the touchbar button activate different "Noise Control" options. At this time it simply shows the status. I disable that button from my view, but again its up to you if you want to see the current noise control option that is enabled on your air pods.

K2, I like your AirPod preset, but since AirPods in my country costs as much as an Intel notebook core i5, and an iMac costs as much as a new small car, I tend not to buy Apple products.

Is it possible to use your preset on non Apple bluetooth earphones? I would like to have the same functions like left and right phones and battery, and not some generic bluetooth icon since my earphones resemble a little bit an AirPod.

AirPods are all I use, so wont be able to dev. for other devices. You should be able to use my code, making changes to get it to work for other devices.

I've noticed that, since the upgrade to Monterey, I can't seem to get the values for the battery levels on this preset. When I check for /Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth.....it's not there at all. Did Apple move it to a different spot?

No idea just yet, I have not done the Monterey upgrade to my MacBook Pro just yet. Waiting until I have time to code all the updates required.

Not moved - removed. But you can use this:

system_profiler SPBluetoothDataType

or this to retrieve the output as plist.:

system_profiler SPBluetoothDataType -xml

The values are still there - at least for the AirPods Pro (I could not test more, since I no longer have any other devices).
I have adapted my applet accordingly and it works: Help with modifying some code pls - #16 by Dirk

Hi, first thanks for your sharing, I just installed it but something is wrong.
The connect buttons is fine, but it can't show the battery volume, which part I did it wrong....

And my airpods was connected normally but it keep showing "Not connected"

Not working, with Beats Studio buds :(. Not designed to work with. Im wondering can you make for them?