Is it possible to create mouse chords/click sequences?

Im new to this app, and it seems very basic but I cant seem to find it. Id like to be able to make key sequences with mouse clicks

On my previous mouse manager I set up:
mouse button 5 + left click = zoom in
mouse button 5 + right click = zoom out
mouse button 5 + middle click = reset zoom

It was perfect, didnt need to have a hand on the keyboard to move around.

1 Like

I am also interested in this. In particular, I think mouse buttons (especially M4 and M5) should be available as if they were keyboard modifier keys in both the mouse section and the keyboard section. Actually, it would be nice if ANY keyboard or mouse key could be used as a modifier key. I have some extra mouse keys mapped to F13-F20 that I would love to use as part of chords.

I was actually able to produce this with a complicated combination of named triggers, AppleScript, conditional activation groups and custom variables.

If you're looking on how to make simple key chords, you can do them with advanced triggers. For example, "Hold the middle mouse button + right click to move right a space" with a normal mouse:

• Go to the normal mouse triggers
  • Create a new trigger, in the key, put the right mouse button

• Go to the "advanced" tab and open "advanced conditions"
  • Delete all the conditions in the board but one
  • Change the condition to "current_pressed_mouse_buttons" and in the value put "1,2," (notice the extra comma)
    • You can see the value of this variable on the right side

• Give it a test by pressing the middle and the right mouse buttons, the container should turn green
  • Click ok
  • Make sure the trigger conditions are "on mouse down" the repeat option is disabled and you can move the mouse during the chord