Incorrect Keyboard Shortcuts shown in "Show Menubar In Context Menu"

Describe the bug
I make great use of the "Show Menubar In Context Menu" action. It's one of my favorite features provided by BTT. However, the keyboard shortcuts shown next to the menu items in the Context Menu are frequently incorrect. For example, look at Finder...View...Sort by; you'll see that the option key is missing from the keyboard shortcuts that are shown.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
MacBook Pro Trackpad; Magic Mouse, Magic Trackpad.

Screenshots
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem. (You can just paste or drag them here)

Device information:

• Type of Mac: iMac Pro and MacBook Pro 15" 2017
  • macOS version: macOS 10.14.5 (and earlier)
  • BetterTouchTool version: 3.04 (and earlier)

Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):

Note: Before bug reporting, please make sure you have the latest version of BetterTouchTool and that you have already tried to restart your system :-). If you encounter a crash, please attach a crash log from the macOS Console.app from the "User Diagnostic Reports" section.

I think you already reported this:

However good news: I know what's causing this and a fix will be included soon.

Yes, I had reported it some time ago. I didn't want to nag you, but I use those keyboard shortcuts shown in the menu as a way to refresh my memory. I'm looking forward to the fix! Regards.

1 Like

I see that Keyboard Shortcuts shown in the contextual menu are now correct in Finder - thank you for fixing that. Unfortunately, however, they are still not correct in some applications - I've looked at Photos and Final Cut Pro X and found problems. Hopefully you can track it down. Many regards.

Yup still on this, I only added a few fixes for some of the wrong modifiers I noticed. If you can see specific combinations that are still wrong it would be great if you'd post them here, then I'll be able to fix them.

Andreas - attached are two files. One shows menu errors in FCPX, the other shows menu errors in Photos. These are not intended to be an exhaustive list; if you need additional examples, let me know - but I hope you don't need to track them down one-by-one!