Show Menubar in Context Menu - Keyboard Shortcuts are incorrect

The contextual menu created by Show Menubar in Context Menu includes Keyboard Shortcuts for those menu items which have them. However, they are frequently incorrect. Two examples: in Finder, View: Sort By. In FCPX 10.4.2 (and earlier), many Keyboard Shortcuts are incorrect in BTT.

While this seems quite minor, it's too bad because having Keyboard Shortcuts in the menus is an effective way to learn them.

Input device: Apple Magic Trackpad

• Type of Mac: iMac Pro, 10 core, 64GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Raedon Pro Vega 64 16GB
  • macOS version: macOS 10.13.5 (17F77) and earlier
  • BetterTouchTool version: 2.518 and many earlier versions

Thanks for reporting, I'll check that (possibly something has changed over the years. I think I have last touched the context bar menu about 5 years ago :slight_smile:

Greetings. I've been hoping for a fix to the issue of incorrect Keyboard Shortcuts in Show Menubar in Context Menu. Thanks for any attention you can give to it.

Unfortunately so far I wasn't able to reproduce this. BTT seems to show exactly what the system reports here.

Do you maybe have the show menubar action bound to a keyboard shortcut? Some modifier keys change the shortcuts (e.g. in Finder it makes a difference whether option is pressed while clicking the view menu or not), but there is no way for BTT to determine that unfortunately.

I have the menubar action bound to TipTapLeft (1 Finder Fix). I have attached a screenshot of what I see with a Finder menu, as an example. And just to be clear - only some of the keyboard shortcuts shown by BTT are incorrect. Some are correct. For what it's worth, Final Cut Pro X has many that are incorrect.

I'm hoping that the bug in Keyboard Shortcuts displayed in "Show Menu Bar in Contextual Menu" can be fixed, as having them present and correct would be a great way to learn them. Thanks in advance!