how to backup/import btt settings?

Hello,

I am not using any touchbar presets,

I just want to backup my keyshortcuts and touchpad gestures and other settings.

How do I backup and import the backed up settings?

All I see is the sync menu, but it says its experimental.

Are there any other ways of backing up?

presets -> export highlighted preset.
This allows you to save your configuration as a json file which can be imported back at any time.

@Andreas_Hegenberg
right,

I definitely thought it was going to be on the configuration page,

guess I was wrong. May be good idea to put it into configuration page to avoid confusion?

Anyhow, thank you!

Would it save the icon I attach to the buttons on the Touch Bar too?

Hi my system crashed but I have a backup and want to import my settings from my backup to my new system. Where in the OSX 10.15.5 system are they stored?

they are stored in ~/Library/Application Support/BetterTouchTool (go there via Finder -> Go -> Go to Folder, make sure to include the ~)

Any way to export all the presets as one file?

Is any way to make auto backup to cloud (iCloud/Dropbox/Google Drive)?
For example if i move ~/Library/Application Support/BetterTouchTool to iCloud and left a symlink on this path?
Or some other way

I recently did a clean install and backed up my computer hard drive in full. I found and copied over the old App Support/BTT folder to the new folder, replacing the files in the new folder. But when I restarted I got an error that BTT couldn't start properly and I needed to use the relauncher tool/app. Any idea how to address this?

Thanks!

Somehow, I have two default presets when I go to Presets. Should I backup both just in case? Or is there a way to see what is on each preset?

Imprint | Privacy Policy