Houdini - Value Ladder gets stuck with Middle Mouse down and up, and BTT stops working after that

Hi,

I followed the tips from tiptongrange here for Middle Click drag:

This works in Houdini in the beginning. Especially handy for accessing the value ladder with Middle Click / Drag on parameters.

But then a horrific cycle begins, some time the value ladder will get stuck, and I can't get out of it. No matter where I place my mouse, it keeps changing the values. I don't know if this is something with Houdini or BTT, but it seems I can't stop 'Middle Clicking'.

I get out of this by closing Houdini. And when I start Houdini again, BTT doesn't work any more. I don't think it doesn't work is only for Houdini anymore, because when I open the Live View in BTT, I don't see any input. And when I restart it, it doesn't help.

Now I delete BTT with AppDelete (as I do with every app), reinstall and it works again. But then the cycle will repeat again after some time.

What should I do? How can I get this to stop? Or at least make BTT work again without having to reinstall?

Thank you.

I see this problem as well.

First off, I want to say that BetterTouchTool has been invaluable since it's the only way I've been able to use Houdini on MacBook Pro with just the trackpad. Using gestures for the middle mouse pan has worked out pretty well (after lots of trial and error)

The value ladder is a Houdini-specific thing, but I don't see any reason that a middle mouse click should behave perfectly in the 3d viewport, and then glitch out so much on a parameter field! I haven't been able to figure out why this occurs. Fortunately mine goes away after a bunch of clicking and switching to another app, but if it's causing a full app hangup like OdForest is describing, seems like there is some real bug in play here.