GoldenChaos-BTT Support and Feedback Thread

Im completely new to this. How do I change the calendar to go to Fantastical?

Responding to all the posts I haven’t gotten to yet that haven’t been addressed!

@youngdrippyrich all of the triggers can be found in the BTT config window under the “Named and Other Triggers” section. I’ve organized all the different triggers into folders to make it easy to browse through!

@alhagar Re: holding down multiple modifier keys: unfortunately to fix this would involve duplicating the menu bar a lot. I might try to do this in the future, though, it’ll just take a bit of work.

@Michael_Rodgers I’m unable to reproduce this. What are your Home Strip settings? Can you reliably reproduce it and give me instructions?

@idhum Sure thing, will add a Chatmate badge in the next release!

@Hunterok Not sure why this would be happening, sounds like a BTT issue. Maybe @Andreas_Hegenberg knows?

@polemarxos I’m glad you’re setting improved battery life! Although there aren’t really many optimizations from the previous version, haha. Will add a Todoist badge in the next release as well!

@Ryan_Mak will look into this!

@JackBar The fn key doesn’t play well with BTT and there is no way for me to configure it. I recommend going into Settings.app and changing your system keyboard fn key settings. I have mine set to Show Spaces when I hold down fn, which I find work really well with GC.

@heygreg You can find all of the options in the GC-BTT Settings Window! Tap on the settings gear to open the window or use the keyboard shortcut cmd + opt + shift + 0. The calendar settings are under the “Home Strip” tab!

1 Like

[refresh] and [new tap] icon disappear,only way to fix it is to restart entire bettertouchtool.

In the default touch bar, there is a widget "Hand Writing"
May I ask how to introduce this into the setting downloaded from this site in BTT?

@GoldenChaos first of all, I wanted to thank you for this wonderful Touch Bar preset!
Second, wanted to ask you, if you can add (or I can, somehow) option to Never show Time and Date in TB?

Thanks a lot!

Really digging this template. One thing I'd love to see is a "time remaining" for the battery. MacOS removed this a while back, but I know BTT and other third party apps can show it. It's one of those things that would make this template really sing for me.

Otherwise I'm really digging it.

@Tucd7v looking into this issue! It may be a BTT issue.

@Lin_Lo Will look into including this feature!

@crNh That’s a great idea, so I will definitely do this in a future release!

@adamschoales tap and hold on the battery widget, you’ll get an expanded system stats view with battery time remaining :smile:

also would be nice that "browser Tabs" will expand automatically if [browsers] are in most front of windows, just like default TB behaved

1 Like

Hello, AirPods Pro battery do not display in connectivity group.
BTT 3.370 & GC 3.368
@GoldenChaos, Thanks for that very nice & efficient Touch Bar preset :+1:t2:

First of all, thanks for creating this preset, its insane.

I have a question though.

How can I delete the fullscreen option on the Touch Bar? I have the 16 inch mbp and have and escape key.

Thanks!

That option is currently in development! Please keep an eye on future versions :smile: until then, you could manually delete the fullscreen/esc key in the BTT config window if you wanted, but it will come back when you upgrade to a new version. You can find the esc keys under the Touch Bar section, and on the left sidebar find the “Escape Keys” section. Then just delete the widgets in there!

@GoldenChaos
Is there a way to add suggested words to your TB as it's in default one? I would be cool to have that feature, or at least add an option to add it for those who want :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot!

@GoldenChaos
I really like the Touch Bar you have made. I have a idea for the esc key and I wish that it can be pushed left more like the AquaTouch Touch Bars esc key can.

Hey,
thanks for you awesome preset.
I need help with the notifications for apps like iMessage and Apple Mail. I cant get them to work.
If I toggle them on at the setting "dock badges" they appear for the time which is entered in the configuration (5sec) and disappear afterwards.
If I enter 0 seconds they stay forever, but they wont show any notification badges (e.g. display the number of messages)
Hope somebody can help me and thanks in advance.

Hi, not sure if this could be an option in the future but would it be possible to separate the music Video controls from browser videos?

I say this because when I have spotify playing but another video paused on Safari, the Safari video takes priority. Obviously it is a quick fix to just quickly pause and play on the Spotify app to refresh it, but it would be nice if it was an option to separate it, not sure how possible that is though?

Amazing Touch Bar otherwise, thank you for making it so great!

Hi,

First of all, thank you @GoldenChaos for your amazing work! You and the BTT team really gave life to the MacBook Touch Bar.

Now I just have some questions to you guys because I'm very new at this:
– Is there a way to always have the Music and Podcasts apps in the home strip? I really miss the pre-High Sierra times where whatever you were doing you could pause/play the music or podcast you were playing instead of whatever video you watched last.
– I saw in this thread in '18 that there were plans to implement the feature in iOS that skips 30s or goes back 15s in a media. Is it implemented or did I miss something?
– Again I may have missed something, but I can't seem to get the progression bar of the media I am watching (also, is it universal? like can I use the slider with Plex for example?)

Thank you for your help!

Hi just starting out with a Touch Bar MBP, just downloaded GC and am trying to toy around with the settings. I'd like to go back to the original volume bar and brightness options, how do I go about doing that?

Secondly, there GC settings page is pretty comprehensive for the actions available on the home touch bar, but not for the options that come up when "control" is held. How can I customize those buttons as well?

Hello @GoldenChaos
I love your preset, as it is nice and simple to navigate.

I am really hoping you can help me with something.
I have been asking everywhere for help with this:
Do you have some code I can use that does the following:
When I tap on a button labelled "Add to Playlist", it opens my Spotify playlists.
I will then tap on the desired playlist and it will add the currently playing song to the playlist I tap.

I am really bad at coding unfortunately, so please talk to me really REALLY descriptively.

Thanks so much :slight_smile:

Hi,
I installed the Golden Chaos presets yesterday but after installing it I could see on the left side of the touchbar keeps on displaying 'Applying settings, please wait' and it's not changing. Can someone help me out. I am using macOS Catalina.

this happened to me too @hariprasadsh

you need to:

• go to BTT
  • in the 'All Apps' part, look for the trigger called Applying settings, please wait...
  • Click it, so that it highlights blue
  • Press Command + D

if you have any further problems, get back to me.
thanks