GoldenChaos-BTT Support and Feedback Thread

Which BTT version are you on? (They don't disappear for me either)

version 3.352 (1562)

GC Settings:

Edit: windows are only red in the screenshots, they don't appear red when viewing

Reset GC default > remove preset > reinstall preset also didn't fix the issue.

Is there a way to have the Now Playing widget prioritize the Music.app or replace it entirely with just a Music widget?

Immediately after reboot:

BTT automatically started:

Safari launched:

Safari quit:

BTT restarted when Safari is running:

Any idea what the white dot is infront of the meeting? Have it since several versions.

Touch Bar Shot 2020-03-30 at 10.24.28

I too get this. I actually came here to ask about it. Any suggestions @GoldenChaos ?

Also, any update on adding a badge option for Ferdi?

Thanks

I agree, it would be nice to be able to lock the Audio controls to a particular app. I pretty much only use Music.app on my Mac so if I could lock the playback controls to Music.app it would be fantastic!

I get this popup whenever I click on the "Browser Tabs" button

Browser icons sometimes disappear.

Hey GC BTT, I am quite new here. I am having an issue with the escape key. It seems to be a bit sluggish both separate and combined with the full screen. When pressed it seems to overload the memory a little bit and the whole system kind of slows down for a few seconds.

For example I cannot escape out of the force quit dialog nor the screenshot tool or in apps like slack. it seems to have limited uses as an escape key. I have tried with both stable and experimental builds of GC. Cant seem to get it to work correctly. I have all the settings in the BTT settings correct i.e. no ESC key. What am I doing wrong?

Hey @GoldenChaos, I've been using your preset for over a year and I love it, but recently I've been running into an issue where pressing the cmd, option, or control keys causes the Touch Bar to stick to that menu and causes several key presses to get missed right after I use one of those three. That makes using keyboard shortcuts frustrating at best. I just tried it again now and even after the Touch Bar returned to its neutral state it continued to lag and not accept new commands for over 30 seconds, then responded to each touch at the same time. It's a bizarre issue that only started in the last week or so. When I quit BTT the lag stops. Any ideas?

I'm on BTT 3.352, GC-BTT 3.352, and macOS 10.15.4.

Example of disappearing browser icon. The icon is supposed to be the Chrome icon.

Another bug: Clicking the "Browser Tabs" button will jump to Safari even when another browser such as Chrome is currently in the foreground. Additionally, clicking the "Browser Tabs" icon when multiple browsers are open but non of them is in the foreground should jump to the browser that is last open, if that is possible to implement.

I recently encountered an issue with the AirPods icon disappearing when AirPods are connected. I can still click on the empty space where the icon used to be and it will disconnect the AirPods, which would cause the icon to come back. But when AirPods are reconnected the icon disappears.

EDIT: this looks like its happening to other icons. I have the Volume Mute icon, which when engaged, disappears from the Touch Bar. Its space is still touchable to disengage mute which causes it to reappear.

1 Like

Got the same issue with AirPods and Volume/Mute icons disappearing instead of using the alternative color.
If I can be of any assistance debugging, let me know. I guess it's more of a BTT issue rather than a GoldenChaos though

@Archenemy @DCMaxxx This issue was fixed in the latest experimental version, please upgrade to that!

Will respond to all the other posts shortly :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for your sharing! But it seemed to only work with system input sources. And I have no idea about what's wrong with them? Is a third-parry input source incompatible?
Looking forward to your reply and the following is the script that I have typed in:
set activeKbdLayout to my getActiveKeyboardLayout()

on getActiveKeyboardLayout()

set plistPath to "~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.HIToolbox.plist"

try

do shell script "defaults read " & plistPath & " dummy"

end try

tell application "System Events"

repeat with pli in property list items of ¬

property list item "AppleSelectedInputSources" of ¬

property list file plistPath

try

return value of property list item "KeyboardLayout Name" of pli

end try

end repeat

end tell

end getActiveKeyboardLayout

if activeKbdLayout = "ABC" then

set layoutName to "ABC"

else

set layoutName to "Squirrel"

end if

get layoutName

Hi,

Can there be a time difference about weather app?

This my location but I see the 10 C and Wind icon on my touchbar.

Edit: It s showing like wednesday's weather I think, check the image.