GoldenChaos-BTT Support and Feedback Thread

@GoldenChaos One issue I have although I don't think it's a BTT-GC problem is:

Sometimes I will be playing iTunes or Spotify and the media controls will show that which is great. I will then open YouTube in Chrome and the video starts playing. I tap Pause in GC and the video pauses because that becomes the active media player. It's super frustrating and however much I try to teach myself not to do it I still do it. Muscle Memory can be a nightmare at times. Is there a way to prevent against stuff like this?

Thanks

Yeah, this is just how the system now playing works. I've gotten around this by retraining my muscle memory to pause my music before I start playing a video, but you also have about half a second after the video starts playing before control switches over to Safari.

Who knows what incredible possibilities for macOS 10.15 there are? Maybe it'll pause the currently playing media before starting to play something new like iOS.

(I wonder if there's a way to accomplish this with BTT @Andreas_Hegenberg?)

By the way! I'm sure folks will be wondering about GC-BTT's macOS 10.15 compatibility. I plan to wrap up the stable version on Mojave. Since I have two development machines now, I'm going to upgrade my secondary one to the new macOS beta today and leave my primary on Mojave.

If you're nervous about incompatibilities with the new macOS version, please wait until the end of today for my compatibility report. I'll provide a detailed overview of anything that isn't working here in this thread! I also have a new experimental release coming out today and I will include compatibility notes there as well.

Let's hope BTT still works fine on 10.15 and Apple didn't break too much stuff :smiley: Nobody knows what Apple will be introducing (new Shortcuts app to replace Automator/Apple Script?). They keynote will be exciting!

iTunes will definitely be replaced, so all iTunes specific stuff will probably need to be adapted.

1 Like

Oh man, I had completely forgotten the iTunes is kicking the bucket. I would bet money though that the new Music app is just a stripped-down iTunes and not a Marzipan app. Lots of money. Mountains of money. So I think it will still work with the same AppleScripts that work with iTunes.

Then again, I'm not much of a gambler, haha.

I think I'll make a 10.15-specific thread in this subforum once the beta is released with my compatibility report and, if necessary, any special builds of GC-BTT.

I wouldn't be so sure about the Music app being a stripped down version of iTunes :smiley: But yeah they will hopefully retain Apple Script compatibility (If Apple Script is still a thing on 10.15).

Let's see. I hope they don't do anything to prevent background apps like BTT from showing stuff on the Touch Bar. (They may want to integrate Touch Bar support into their own shortcuts app)

They haven’t gotten to the Mac segment yet, so I am making my sole prediction: floating-style dock for macOS a la iOS. I’m definitely not predicting this solely because I want this personally.

EDIT: Feels like crushed dreams :frowning_face:

They didn’t do anything with the Touch Bar, it looks like.

Good for BTT :sweat_smile: - it's still running perfectly fine (I will need to make some small adaptions, will look into that tomorrow)

2 Likes

That's great news! Maybe I'll update my main machine after all. We'll see if anything I regularly use is broken, haha.

Initial testing is very promising! No major regressions I can see, just some crashes. I'll wait to report them until after you've put out the first few fixes @Andreas_Hegenberg :slight_smile:

It definitely doesn't look like a separate version for Catalina will be required, and all versions of GC-BTT from the current stable release onward should be fully compatible.

1 Like

Just seen here in German, Automator and Apple script are still present but crash right after the start. Cross the thumbs guys!

working fine here!

1 Like

Great news! Seen that zsh becomes the standard shell?

Yep (have been using oh my zsh for ages anyways ;-))

1 Like

I am getting a bad gateway message from the link on the new expirmental release. Any ideas on what would cause that? I tried from mulitple browsers. Thanks!

https://share.folivora.ai/sharedPreset/bb872120-b417-49cf-a52a-4ad27f8932ff

1 Like

The sharing site seems to be down. @Andreas_Hegenberg

Thank you. I will try again later.

Anyone have a download mirror for the latest release?

Ah the sharing site container didn't restart after an update :wink: should be working again.

1 Like

Release 3.061 on Catalina: When clicking on News or Reminders it toggles the "Apple Calendar":

I knew I missed one... thanks, will fix right away :grimacing: