GoldenChaos-BTT Support and Feedback Thread

I think just using the "System Time Zone" option should be good enough, no? The system already gets the time zone based on the location.

1 Like

WOW it's right at the top of the location list :crazy_face:

will be updated in the upcoming version.

@GoldenChaos Could you also make it that when I tap the connect to Airpods button (when connected) it disconnects?

Yes - actually, it's supposed to do that by default, I just lost my changes midway and forgot to re-add it. I've already added it back in the upcoming version :slight_smile:

@GoldenChaos @Andreas_Hegenberg Lol, didn't see that either. Guess thats good haha.

@GoldenChaos Ooh alright, ty :smiley:

@GoldenChaos System Time Zone is still not set as default. Maybe an import issue?

It must be, because you can see that it's correct in the JSON display on the sharing site:

@Andreas_Hegenberg this one's for you I think :slight_smile:

@GoldenChaos Huh yea you're right, weird. I'll try to import it once more.

EDIT: Nope, still didn't set it as default.

@GoldenChaos When you have two or more Youtube tabs open, it shows the first tab in the touchbar. Would it be possible to show the one that is currently playing instead of the first one?

That's a bit more in-depth than the detection I'm using now, so it'll probably come a little later since it'll take some time :slight_smile:

But what to do when you have fourteen videos all playing in the background in their own tabs with the current tab opened to billwurtz.com :thinking:

@GoldenChaos Then let the whole thing crash. On purpose..

EDIT: Thanks for that site... didn't know that one yet. 10/10.

1 Like

As long as we're asking for the world :slight_smile: in the weather widget, how about seeing if we could get a "low temp rounded" variable as well?

1 Like

@negatiev I go between CDT & EDT every week and I feel like it was set to System Time Zone in a previous build and maybe got lost along the way or stopped importing correctly since I don't remember having to change it every time there was a new version, but ¯\(ツ)

@whitehusky I've been using it since 2.536-4 and in every version since I've had to change my time zone (I'm in CEST so a 6 hour difference or so.) Didn't noticed there was a System Time Zone one, so changed it to Europe/Amsterdam each time. But all good now since @GoldenChaos changed the default and if it's a import bug then I'm sure it'll be fixed soon :slight_smile:

Would love some help with this if anyone knows:

Currently trying to figure out how to detect if various settings are on/off continuously without launching system prefs. I'm looking to detect the status of:

• Do Not Disturb (EDIT: Got DND detection working!)
  • Dark Mode (EDIT: Got dark mode detection working!)
  • Night Shift
  • True Tone

I've got all the alternate icons ready, but I can't find any references anywhere to a non-UI-scripted way of detecting these settings. Anyone got any ideas? :slight_smile:

Also DND toggle not working is definitely a bug @Andreas_Hegenberg

EDIT: Oh hey, I got Airmail working along the way @chrisparker ! I finally figured out how to get the contents of dock icon badges, so now I can do all sorts of things with dock badges. I also rewrote all the unread mail scripts to use dock badges instead, so if you ever want to change what they return you can just edit your email app dock badge settings :slight_smile: that'll be in the next version.

There seems to be a bug in BTT, as whenever I use the touchbar, it reverts back to the stock touchbar.

Edit: Using the latest alpha version.

1 Like

@GoldenChaos Well that's just damned uncivil of the Mozilla crowd. Thanks for giving it a go at least.

One small copypasta error in 2.561-4 to note for stable release: Both Spark and Astro scripts currently launch Astro out of the box.

What the... I had already fixed that. @Andreas_Hegenberg there is a bug where sometimes I edit widgets and settings actually revert. This is an example. It's also happened to widget titles and names, and I'm pretty sure is related to why weather icons keep disappearing on restart.

Will re-fix for next version. If you find any more bugs or regressions, please let me know!

EDIT: Also heyyyy check out dat messages support!