GoldenChaos-BTT Support and Feedback Thread

I managed to find the cause of the javascript error (it was unrelated to Presets, haha). So battery percentage will be fixed in the next version!

I was also able to fix all the issues with Presets, so the new version is coming out imminently! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

@GoldenChaos I'm on 3.562 (1702), but it hasn't been happening for a while now. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and will report back should it happen again. Thanks!

1 Like

Heyo, super job on the new updates, however I have this issue that volume up icon resets to default macos icon no matter what I set it to. Weirdly volume down is not plagued with this issue. I really want my custom volume icon to persist.

You know what I figured it out with a workaround. It was defaulting to icons based on volume percentage, less than 33, less than 66 and so on. I made it persistent by not using dynamic icon by chaging percentage to 1 and 2. not pretty but works :slight_smile:

Any chance you could change all the icons to SF Symbols, or add the option to your golden chaos symbols to use SF instead of your defaults?

I'm just salty that each time I update the preset I have to go through and change all the icons over again. I'd appreciate that very much! ༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽

Yup, SF symbols is happening in the next version! There were just too many functional things I needed to wrap up in the last two releases before I could get to style updates like this.

One question I have for @Andreas_Hegenberg - do the built-in SF Symbols work on older versions of macOS too?

@matteluv my recommendation is actually to copy the two Volume Up widgets (in “Menu Bar” and “Menu Bar (Modal)”) into your own preset, and editing the code/changing the icon after that :slight_smile: then you can turn off the GC Volume Up button from the GC settings window. That way you won’t have to redo the change every time you upgrade!

1 Like

Hey, I have wasted 2 hours on trying to copy the GC preseets into my own so that on upgrading I don't lose my custom icons and ordering. But I have no luck. I can successfully copy the triggers into a new preset "Ash" but unable to copy the "conditional acitvation group conditions". Any insights,tutorials or documents ?

Ok so I figured it finally how to juggle between presets to retain settings after update. Here's the steps for someone else in the future.

Let's say u have one Master preset called Default, and one Golden chaos preset.

Step 1) Uncheck golden chaos so only Default is visible
2) Bottom left, + button, add a conditional group, rename it exactly like the group of golden chaos u want to copy. (assume Menu Bar)
3) Re-Tick Golden chaos, find Menu Bar, right click on it, copy conditional trigger.
4) Untick Golden chaos, go to default > Menu Bar and "paste&override trigger"
5) Final step go back to golden chaos, right click Menu Bar, select all triggers, like volume up, brightness up etc, then Presets > move selected triggers to default

This way whenever you update next time, ur customized settings won't be lost.

it is super tedious but so worth it. Feel free to pitch in if u have an easier way. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, I came here to get an answer to this problem. Glad you had the perfect answer. So many thanks!

Hi there - great preset! Really appreciate all the work you've put into this.

I am trying to edit the iMessage badge script to turn off the HandOff component. I am hoping to have the icon show up with badges when I receive a message, but not show me the handoff devices themselves. Is this possible?

Having issues with the GC-BTT Settings window not letting me scroll or or down. Cannot seem to find a solution that works to solve this issue. Thank you!

Hi GC, have been using BTT for a while now and love the "repeat assigned actions while fingers are touching" option. I used it with trackpad gestures and it works great, but sometimes when I lift my fingers it still continues repeating. I found out that this was due to my palm touching the edge of the trackpad; wondering if there is anyway to enable "continue repeated action as long as all fingers are touching" instead of "continue repeated action as long as one finger/palm is touching after gesture". Thanks!

Has anyone gotten dock badges working for Webex Teams? I can't tell if the below code should work or if I have the application name wrong.

if dndEnabled is 0 then
	tell application "BetterTouchTool"
		set badgeNumber to get_dock_badge_for "Webex" 

This may be an obvious one, but is there a way to better control which calendars are displayed? I'm subscribed to a bunch of team/company event calendars for work, but even though I have these hidden in macOS Calendar and Fantastical, GoldenChaos shows them anyway. All day events are shown instead of actual meetings, so I pretty much never have the information I need on the Touch Bar in that regard.

How can I fix this? Thanks!

I'm having this same problem, and have had it since I first started using GC over a year ago. If I go and toggle the Imessage option off then on under dock badges, the touch bar shows the blue imessage icon for a second and then it disappears. Anyone have a fix for this?

1 Like

I'm having the exact same problem! Dock Badges aren't appearing anymore!

Hello, I can't get the battery info of my AirPods Pro. How should I do.

See here: AirPods Pro battery info - #4 by Dirk

My pause and play icon freezes and does not show the correct icon when I am listening to music, any help?

Thanks.

Dock badges have been fixed! Pleased update to BTT 3.722 alpha and badges should work again :slight_smile: