GoldenChaos-BTT Support and Feedback Thread

Can the now playing widget take you to the currently playing app when tapped?

It already should! ...try again? :joy:

EDIT: I was able to reproduce the issue, but can confirm that the Now Playing widget in GC-BTT 2.641 is configured correctly. @Andreas_Hegenberg it's all you :facepunch:

EDIT2: Ended up getting home a bit late tonight and I'm pooped, so I'll finish taking new screenshots and updating documentation tomorrow :sleepy::sleeping:

Can someone confirm that 2.641 is working on Mojave using Calendar.app?

I can not get it working at all. It is probably related to icalBuddy and I have tried changing the AppleScript, changed default shell and more. To me it almost looks like in AppleScript, icalBuddy is called without getting permission to the calendars.

When running icalBuddy in iTerm2, I get no calendars. Regular Terminal works and AppleScript does not:

Hey Everyone!

What would be the correct way to activate/show buttons for specific apps only?

For example, the emoji picker I only want to show it when slack is active. If I add an app specific option it overrides all of the GC settings and I'm left with only the app specific options.

Thanks!

Add a new conditional activation group, set it's conditions to:

"if Any are True"

• Appname is "OneOfYourApps"
  • Appname is "AnotherOneOfYourApps"
  • Appname is "MoreApps..."

Then chuck your emoji button into the activation group. You may want to stick the button to the left side of the toucbar for a better effect.

The emoji button should add to GC-BTT on the left side for all the apps you specify.

1 Like

wait.. if you delete the old presets how to set up the presets that will persistently there when you press reapply settings?

The settings are stored inside BTT itself, so they aren't lost when you delete old versions. :slight_smile:

I tried to upgrade from 2.63ish something (since I have deleted it, but I believe it was 3-4 weeks ago), but the reapply settings doesn't work...

(I set up to
No Emojis
Yes Mute and Wifi)

But then again I set up 'new triggers will be added to' the latest presets, does it matter? should I change it?

Hi there! love this! its amazing! I have 1 question that may have been asked several times before. Is there a way to get a reset or shutdown button on the TB ?

Thanks for the help!

Sadly when I do that and open one of the apps specified in the conditional it replaces the whole bar with just the emoji button. Instead of adding it to the current bar.

Did I miss a step?

Thats funny, because my preset AQT uses them heavily (ohh i meean HEAVILY) and they are quite stable.

Do you mind sending a screenshot of your setup?

There is, but I don't think I would include a button for this because it's way too dangerous a feature to be so easy to trigger. Sleep is one thing, but it would suck if you accidentally shut down or restarted your machine because of a missed tap. So if I add controls for this I would want to put them behind a barrier similar to iOS where you have to swipe to power off or restart. No time frame for that though, haha.

@era3z There's nothing you need to change - tell it to install all triggers and settings on import, then go into the GC-BTT Settings panel and tap "Reapply All Settings" :slight_smile:

alrighty...will try.. thank you for the help

Hum. I've got an odd one:

Running latest version of both.

Or like on previous models a key combo? command + option + designated key on TB?

aaaaaand astro got acquired by slack and is shutting down oct 10. RIP another good email app guys, ugh. https://www.astro.ai

fuck you astro for selling out, and double to slack for shutting it down with two weeks notice. now I have to remove a button from my preset and find a new email app. It's like every email app is cursed to be acquired or shut down so I may as well just use apple mail and accept my miserable existence :weary:

1 Like

Creating e-mail apps sounds like a good business model :smiley:

1 Like

Great updates as usual! Any plans on adding a picture-in-picture button to the Touch Bar anytime soon?

If you do find a new (almost) perfect email app, let me know. I'm using Spark: it's better than many, but still lacks a few things that I'd like.

Anyway, got the latest super-duper version. Excellent as ever – made one change: I added the volume mute button to the connectivity actions group, just after volume percentage. Just for completeness, really, since the volume controls are there, I didn't want mike mute always around and this seemed the best place to put it for occasional access.

Modified appearance of the vol %age and mike mute as follows:

Volume percentage:

Microphone mute:

I turned off beats and gamepad, since I don't have them, and now the connectivity actions bar looks like this:

1 Like

I’m into that. I also hide the microphone mute key. I think I’ll mimic your changes and remove the microphone mute key from the default set since it can’t actually determine if you’re using the mic to show appropriately.

@truublue fffffffffff that’s a good idea for a button. Okay.

2 Likes