GoldenChaos-BTT Support and Feedback Thread

Hi, I came here to get an answer to this problem. Glad you had the perfect answer. So many thanks!

Hi there - great preset! Really appreciate all the work you've put into this.

I am trying to edit the iMessage badge script to turn off the HandOff component. I am hoping to have the icon show up with badges when I receive a message, but not show me the handoff devices themselves. Is this possible?

Having issues with the GC-BTT Settings window not letting me scroll or or down. Cannot seem to find a solution that works to solve this issue. Thank you!

Hi GC, have been using BTT for a while now and love the "repeat assigned actions while fingers are touching" option. I used it with trackpad gestures and it works great, but sometimes when I lift my fingers it still continues repeating. I found out that this was due to my palm touching the edge of the trackpad; wondering if there is anyway to enable "continue repeated action as long as all fingers are touching" instead of "continue repeated action as long as one finger/palm is touching after gesture". Thanks!

Has anyone gotten dock badges working for Webex Teams? I can't tell if the below code should work or if I have the application name wrong.

if dndEnabled is 0 then
	tell application "BetterTouchTool"
		set badgeNumber to get_dock_badge_for "Webex" 

This may be an obvious one, but is there a way to better control which calendars are displayed? I'm subscribed to a bunch of team/company event calendars for work, but even though I have these hidden in macOS Calendar and Fantastical, GoldenChaos shows them anyway. All day events are shown instead of actual meetings, so I pretty much never have the information I need on the Touch Bar in that regard.

How can I fix this? Thanks!

I'm having this same problem, and have had it since I first started using GC over a year ago. If I go and toggle the Imessage option off then on under dock badges, the touch bar shows the blue imessage icon for a second and then it disappears. Anyone have a fix for this?

1 Like

I'm having the exact same problem! Dock Badges aren't appearing anymore!

Hello, I can't get the battery info of my AirPods Pro. How should I do.

See here: AirPods Pro battery info - #4 by Dirk

My pause and play icon freezes and does not show the correct icon when I am listening to music, any help?

Thanks.

Dock badges have been fixed! Pleased update to BTT 3.722 alpha and badges should work again :slight_smile:

Info: Intel Mac 16 inch. Catalina 10.15.7 (19H1615). BTT 3.714 (Setapp version). GC-BTT 3.56

I want to disable all three long press features (Hold command, option, or control to access the app switcher, control strip, or window snapping controls). However, I couldn't do it on GC-BTT's preference window because it will keep crashing when I uncheck the button. And even though I close them on GC-BTT's preference window, the this feature is still not disabled. (please see my screenshot below)

I wonder how can I disable it from BTT window. (screenshot below) Please advice!

P.S. As you can see in the red box, I have already delete the "control" folder on the side bar but holding control key still shows control strip.

App Specific Integration into GC?
Is it possible/how can we allow specific apps to utilize the Touch Bar when open, while running GC. I know its possible in BTT to add a specific app, but I wasn't sure if there is somewhere I can find the pre-configured settings that ship with the app to add them there?

If that isn't an easy fix, would it even be possible to let apples Touch Bar run as the primary Touch Bar and then have GC configurations pop up when holding down opt, cmd, control?

I believe I've come up with a workaround for some of the dock badges not working.

When testing AppleScript's variable outputs, I noticed Microsoft Teams was asked if it was running, and returned "false." So I commented the entire tell and nested if operations out, and now the badge appears, and clears as it's supposed to.

I'm sure that's not a very good solution, since this ignores if the app is closed, and I don't know the energy consumption impacts of that... in fact I've been concerned about energy consumption impacts from the moment I installed BTT—I'd prefer to keep as much of my full battery life intact as possible. But, it does get the badge working for applications that aren't reporting their running state correctly.

Hopefully this is of use to those of us still clinging to the Touch Bar. Until finding BTT and presets like GC, I wasn't a fan... now I'm sad to see Apple abandoning the concept entirely.

Hey, thanks for the gorgeous Preset!
Setting up I've ran into a couple of problems:

• I can't for the life of me get GC to show my AirPods Battery Percentage. Connecting/Disconnecting works flawlessly
  • The Battery icon doesn't change, just monochrome all the time
  • Is there any way to get the MacBook Battery's time remaining being shown in a second line on the battery icon?

Thanks for your help!

BTW: MBP M1 13", MacOs 12.1

How can I fully uninstall goldenchaos? I tried deleting some of triggers....but does not seem to completely remove everything.

Thanks!

Hey guys, just got BTT and installed GoldenChaos, it looks sooo cool!

I noticed a strange behaviour. It says Applying settings, please wait... and the entire preset looks like it's overlayed on top of other touch bar "app" or "widget" :man_shrugging:

It works properly when I hold ⌘ only.
Does anyone know how to fix that? :pray:

1 Like

The dock icons are displayed in reverse order when I open the Cmd modifier menu. Is anybody else experiencing the same? Furthermore, I'd be grateful if someone who knows how to fix this feels like explaining :partying_face:

I believe that one does this in the Preset menu.