GoldenChaos-BTT Support and Feedback Thread

Oh - one last thing that helped me end my crashing was to run the app from my ~/Downloads folder instead of moving it to ~/Applications. I think it has a similar net effect as deleting ~/Library/Application Support/BetterTouchTool, but I wouldn't have solved the lock-out without trying that.

Wishing you good luck!

The latest version (3.173) doesn't have a globe icon. I checked the script for language switcher, and there was no globe icon. I don't know if this is a bug or something else happened.

Crash log for me. Doesn't work at all for me in the newest.
btt.crash (101.0 KB)

@winston I think BTT 3.175 should workaround that crash - however reminders won't be filtered by calendar name for now.

1 Like

Yup! Works now :slight_smile: Thanks!

Weirdly, I could not update from 3.172 to 3.173 from the built-in tool though (it doesn't seem like others are having this issue though?). 3.175 works fine.

@GoldenChaos I think that you should incoporate a slider widget for itunes and spotify, as @fidgetspinner has actually made this widget and uploaded it to the preset sharing community. I think it would be a great addition to the touchbar, and maybe you could add a slider when watching videos on a browser.

Lastly, could you please change the "chromium" text to Opera (as shown bellow) and also I think that you should display the title near the web browser's text when long clicking on the button. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @GoldenChaos,

I've been using GC-BTT for quite a while and love it.

Ever since the iCalBuddy dependency has been removed, I just have an empty space in the Touch Bar where the next calendar event should be. I'm on Catalina, running latest alpha and most recent beta of GC-BTT. I use Fantastical 2. I have uninstalled BTT and reinstalled. Can't seem to get it working again.

If you or anyone could point me in the right direction to get it working again, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks again!

@minazaki Which version of BTT are you on? Could you try 3.176? There has been a fix for the calendar widget.

@Andreas_Hegenberg

Craziest thing. I uninstalled and reinstalled a couple of times. Reset settings. Nothing was working. Been dealing with it for a few days.

This morning, shortly after my post, it's working as expected again. I have no idea. ¯\(ツ)

Thank you for your response. As of right now, everything is working great!

Hi, was the feature where the Emoji picker "sticks" instead of disappearing after 1 emoji is selected ever implemented? And if so, how to enable it? Thank you!

It was indeed implemented! Upgrade to the latest experimental version to get it :slight_smile:

@GoldenChaos again the globe icon is not showing, as seen here:

Great, thank you! It's working great! :+1:t2::smiley:

Ah, shoot. Will fix in the next version!

@ GoldenChaos
The new release is awesome!! Thank you!
How can I increase the width of the dock widget, because half of the Touch Bar stays empty. I did not see such an option like in the Emoji widget with emoji slider width.

Also in the calendar widget is there any option to choose which calendars we don't want to be shown on the Touch Bar and maybe modify the colors in the widget?

the new release was a week ago lol. To answer your question, I believe that there is a "Change width option".

Also, @GoldenChaos I believe that there is a bug with the media controls, as these stick sometimes, even if there is no video playing on a browser or another media. For reference, I have the dynamic option enabled for the media controls

Could you also please change the "Amount of time to charge widget" to "Time remaining widget"? Or could you have a setting that allows for these two to be swapped. That would be great thanks.

I cannot see such an option. If you can find please let me know.

report this to the feature request section of the btt community, as the calendar widget is created by @Andreas_Hegenberg, not by @GoldenChaos

Sure, but is the dock widget created by @GoldenChaos or @Andreas_Hegenberg ?