Folders to organize shortcuts

I have a lot of gestures/shortcuts/drawings/etc., and it sometimes gets hard to find them among all the others in the list. It would be helpful to me if I could organize them into folders, since I could find them more easily and also group together similar shortcuts.

I had request for this before, but if I recall correctly it would mess the GUI's inner guts which it's due to change anyway. IMHO searchable gestures/shortcuts/drawings/etc would be "more" useful - but both can coexist - I'll leave here a link that comes from github =)

Yeah, I was imagining that this could be hard to implement. I do agree that searches would be good. As another way to keep things grouped together, it could be useful if one could select multiple shortcuts and move them at the same time, although that might also cause difficulties. (If selecting multiple items allowed for changing the setting of multiple items at once, that would be especially nice!)

1 Like

clderh - theres a much easier way to do this. have multiple profiles. ex: trackpad, keyboard, drawings. when youre selecting it in the UI just check the ones you want. theyll work together to form one working profile. you only need to toggle which one is primary when you want to edit.

how do you have 46 pages? is that screenshot really what youre using?? you have a hotkey to type bigbiglion? you might be overdoing it if you need 4 modifiers and a key to use volumn up. there is the option so sort by modifier. you might wanna look into an additional hardware to control everything.

how do you have 46 pages? is that screenshot really what youre using?? you have a hotkey to type bigbiglion? you might be overdoing it if you need 4 modifiers and a key to use volumn up. there is the option so sort by modifier. you might wanna look into an additional hardware to control everything.

I guess you're referring to me. 46 pages? Because I use many very different applications (which themselves might already have their own little helpers; e.g. Command Post for Final Cut), 46 in despite I already use other "helpers" like atext, karabiner, etc. because long long time BTT user, because high degree of personalization/specialization/system-tweak, because of whatever other reasons I really don't need to explain :wink:

As pointed out the grab above is not mine but

{...} curtesy of Benjamin Wagner aka blizzrdof77 :point_left:

you might wanna look into an additional hardware to control everything

yes, I am pondering a big fat hindu guy with a greasy moustache called Jericho {the moustache} :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Good point, thanks. I haven’t yet looked into using profiles, but I think that could be useful.

There are 14 new topics remaining, or browse other topics in
Feature Requests
Imprint | Privacy Policy

{...} curtesy of Benjamin Wagner aka blizzrdof77 :point_left:

well if igured if its not yours you could pass it along

i didnt really want an answer . 4 modifiers to raise the volumn looks to me like youve created so much macros theyre contradicting each other and youre just adding on top. or your friend is. either way btt is an amazing app but in my case you can only pack so much into one thing before you become counter productive. i wholeheartedly am recommending this touchpad called morph by sensei. i use it for a different purpose so i cant really say how applicable it is to you. My friends that use it for the editing that you seem to do all love it, however they dont have 46 pages of macros. i am curious what your opinion would be for it though.

BTW i didnt see you list keyboard maestro, but it has a search feature thatll search through btt. its probably not the best or more efficient way but it mgiht be worth taking a look at.