"Disable 2 finger scrolling" does not work

Describe the bug
I have "2 fingers scroll down" gesture for my magic mouse.
And "Disable 2 finger scrolling if 2 finger up / down swipes are used" is checked.
But 2 finger scrolling is still active.
Is this a bug?

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
Magic mouse 2.

Screenshots
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem. (You can just paste or drag them here)

Device information:

• Type of Mac: Macbook Pro 15" 2017.
  • macOS version: 10.14.2
  • BetterTouchTool version: 2.687 (992)

Anyone here? Anyone here?

Sorry I didn't have time to look into this yet. It's possibly a bug.

Yes, I just want to know the project is still maintained :smiley:

Definitely :slight_smile: Just a bit busy currently because there will be a completely new UI released next month.

1 Like

I have the same problem. A solution would cause me to buy BTT, otherwise it wouldn't be a good fit for me. Hopefully you come up with help.

I bought a license and still wait for the fix (or the new UI version).

Good news: the UI is currently in the final steps of private testing :slight_smile:
There should be a blog post about it and an alpha release next week.

1 Like

Hi, even with the new ui, I still encounter the same problem as described in the thread. I tried to restart BTT, restart my macbook pro 2016, assign new gestures to the 2 fingers swipe up/down but it keeps scrolling even with every gestures I try to assign. I just want to disable the 2 fingers scrolling completely to assign other features to it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Anyone here? :slight_smile:

oh sorry I missed this.
If you want to disable two finger scrolling you need to click on the app you want to disable it for, then in the right side-bar select „disable two finger scrolling“. Did you already try this?

No problem for the delay :slight_smile: Thanks for taking your time to help me.

I've tried a lot of things in the options but nothing seems to resolve my issue.

i just tried what you told me but I don't see the option on the right to disable 2 fingers scrolling. I want to disable it for all my apps but I tried with a single app (pdf expert) and I don't see the option (see the ne next screenshot):

I have also disabled 2 fingers scrolling in the magic mouse settings and it still triggers 2 fingers scrolling with the other triggers I have assigned to two fingers scrolling (both up and down) (see the picture for my settings)

I hope I am clear because english is not my native language haha.

Ah I was confused myself. True the apps only allow to disable 1 finger scrolling.

I think what you encounter is a bug and I seem to be able to reproduce it. I'll look into it tomorrow.

2 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:

Is it possible to resolve this problem soon?

Imprint | Privacy Policy