Delay Next Action Blocks Input

Describe the bug
A clear and concise description of what the bug is.

I'm experiencing a bug where after running an action via a blocking applescript, delaying the next action by X seconds causes the touch bar to completely freeze and reject all input. I'm not sure if this is by design, but it's frustrating, as the operations I'm trying to do afterwards have nothing to do with the delay. Essentially, I have a volume/audio output widget, and after connecting my airpods via applescript, I refresh the icon after a delay (so the system shows the airpods as connected). Please let me know how to fix this! Thanks!

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):

Touch Bar

Screenshots
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem. (You can just paste or drag them here)

Device information:

• Type of Mac: MacBook Pro 15" 2017
  • macOS version: 10.14.0
  • BetterTouchTool version: 2.646

Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):

Note: Before bug reporting, please make sure you have the latest version of BetterTouchTool and that you have already tried to restart your system :-). If you encounter a crash, please attach a crash log from the macOS Console.app from the "User Diagnostic Reports" section.

Experienced this as well, but supposed this was desired action. I mean, whole system seems to freeze. Still quite werid.