Deactivated BTT due to Version expired

Describe the bug
On restarting BTT it gives me a popup "BTT Version Expired - This version of BetterTouchTool is no longer supported. Gestures etc. will no longer work. Please update to the most current version....."

Klicking "Check For Updates" tells me "You're up-to-date! - BetterTouchTool 2.717 is currently the newest version available"

My key combinations are no longer working.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
Keyboard combinations

Screenshots

Device information:

• Type of Mac: MacBook Pro (13-inch 2017, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports)
  • macOS version: 10.14.3
  • BetterTouchTool version: 2.717

i have this problem too. from today.
macbook pro 15, 2018
BTT - 2.717

Also the same issue here, i have a license for it too, so i'm assuming theres some kind of problem with the server or something, rendering the software dead. It would be nice that if this company ever folds our software isnt immediately dead...

Same issues. I updated to the alpha and it works again.

Have you been using the BTT trial? I think there was a little date issue that caused trial versions to end early/expire today.

The check for updates should now result in a working version again.

I'm also having this issue. Not only does it really affect my efficiency (due to my gestures being disabled), I also really don't like that BetterTouchTool can be remotely disabled for no reason. It feels like an invasion of my rights, given that there's no reason for the gestures to stop working, and I expect better of a paid tool.

If a license is installed BTT versions should never expire. I think it was only the trial versions ending early due to a little date issue.

Issue resolved, it now works after doing an update.

Version 7.2.7 works fine.
thnks

After more investigation, you're correct, it was due to my trial expiring, while i do have a license i hadnt applied it after i did a fresh reinstall of MacOS, so i was using a trial.

One suggestion would be a more descriptive to explain that the trial was over rather than a version being out of date.

It was a bug :grinning: usually there is a better message for ended trials!

I have this issue too, re-downloaded, no change. It says I still have 43 days left?

I'm getting this same issue now. 23 days left of trial, no new version and BTT currently disabled because it's outdated...

Tried updating to the latest alpha version as well. same issue...

Trials working again now, but you need to install the upgrade to 3.503!

Hi there,
first of all: BBT seems to be a really nice piece of software, I am quiet enjoying it so fa. Today I got the same issue. I'm am still within the trial period (22 days left) but some minutes ago BTT reported the version would be outdated and therefore deactivated. I applied the alpha-update 3.561 (1701) but no change.

MacModel: MacBookPro16,2 (13 Inch, 2020, 4 Thunderbolt 3 ports)
macOS version: 11.3 (20E232)
BTT version: 3.561 (1701)

1 Like

Same here (32 days left) on MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020), 11.3, 3.561

I have the exact same issue. Switching to alpha doesn't help. Touch bar is not functional now due to this. I have 34 days left in the trial - which I'm for sure going to let expire before I decide to purchase :slight_smile:

I have the same issue, still 44 days until the end of the trial and nothing fix it, I already tried to update to the alpha version but same message of error all the time

Ah sorry, v3.562 will be available in about 10 minutes and fix the issue!

2 Likes

Just to confirm that fixes it for me. Installed the update, and clicked the 'enable BTT for all apps' menu item. Thanks, you saved me from some frustration :wink: