Clipboard is being recorded ALL THE TIME?! Even if you don't use clipboard manager?!

It seems BTT is recording your clipboard history all the time, regardless of whether you have an action that shows the clipboard manager or not?! This seems like a pretty nasty security hole. And it doesn't appear that there is any way to disable the clipboard manager entirely?!

To confirm, I just tried this: deleted (not just disabled) all of my actions that reference the clipboard manager. Then I went and copied a bunch of stuff. Then made a brand new action that opens the clipboard manager and yep, all of my recent copies are there.

I tried to set the history to 0 days...

Screen Shot 2022-10-14 at 8.15.12 PM

...but BTT will still capture your copies (presumably to be deleted in 24 hours).

Sure, you can manually purge your clipboard history, but it's unrealistic to do that after every copy.

Again, I feel like this is a risky security thing. If someone were to gain access to your computer* they could see all of your recent copies and there could be sensitive content in there.

Perhaps we can have a toggle that disables clipboard recording entirely? If this already exists, please point me in the right direction. And if I misunderstanding certain functionality, please let me know!

Many thanks for considering!

*Yeah, if someone gains access to your computer, you've probably got bigger worries than your clipboard history... but still!

It currently requires a restart of BTT until it stops recording (because it only checks on startup whether you have a clipboard manager action or not).

If you want to disable it completely, you can click on "All Apps" and then check this box:

1 Like

Oh, wow! Yes, that's it! Thanks for the heads-up!

I was looking for this in preferences. Maybe it's just the way my brain works, but that sure is hard to find.

In any case, many thanks!

Sam