Can not disable mouse trigger

Describe the bug
Can not disable trigger or trigger group.
While I can disable triggers under trackpad, the mouse trigger, when toggled will not be disabled.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
Mouse

Screenshots

Device information:

• Type of Mac: Macbook Pro 2018
  • macOS version: 10.14.6 (18G95)
  • BetterTouchTool version: 3.201

Thanks for reporting! Will be fixed with the next update.

Hi Andreas, thanks for the update. It seems to have been fixed in the latest update, but now even when toggling to disable an action or a group the action still continues to work although disabled.

I'm not sure I completely understand. Does disabling mouse triggers work for you with the new version?
Groups currently can not be disabled as a whole (however should probably add that)

I disable a trigger but it (it looks as disabled with a smaller opacity than when active) but the trigger still keeps working although it looks as it has been disabled.

Also, it seems that groups can be disabled though:

Here is a gif to illustrate the problem:

1 Like

@Andreas_Hegenberg I have a similar issue with the latest version 3.258 in 10.15.1 (19B88) Catalina , but it seems to affect only the Mouse settings: can't disable any of them, they continue to work even when disabled/greyed out (I've tested a few Trackpad settings and they didn't work when disabled)
FYI the issue I have isn't with a physical mouse, but with a Karabiner-Elements remapping keyboard keys to mouse scrolling, some of which fail to scroll since they are remapped in BetterTouchTool (though in a disabled state).

Ha, came here to report just this. It looks like it was never fixed, maybe. (I'm running 3.834 on Ventura beta.)

@Andreas_Hegenberg the situation is this:

• Normal Mouse triggers lack the checkbox "Shortcut is Enabled" that keyboard shortcuts do. I suspect this is part of the problem.
  • Cmd-D does appear to toggle the mouse trigger -- making it grey text (or not), but the trigger still operates no matter what the state is

I have one right now that turns a middle click into multiple left clicks, in Chrome. (Google Docs, select a paragraph easily.) I only need it to be active on that particular website, though -- so, I go into BTT and disable it, most of the time. Only, it isn't disabled. If I exit BTT, then it's disabled, but doing that makes me sad.

Thanks

-Tom Hundt

Not sure, it seems to work fine here with the current alpha (3.971), but I don't remember when it was changed.

Just installed 3.975, same problem. I created a trigger for the middle mouse button, which does the predefined action "Middle Click" (lol) and the Advanced action HUD Overlay to display "middle mouse". So now it works normally, only, I get this message flashing up every time.

And I can't disable it. If I hit Cmd-D it toggles between grey text and white text (NB dark mode) but that's the only thing that changes.

Thanks

so even if you disable it you still get the HUD? Or the middle click? (When disabled, the system will perform the default middle click again)

As illustrated in the images shared above, the shortcuts continue to work after disabling.

so even if you disable it you still get the HUD? Or the middle click?

Yes. :wink:

I mean, both. I only assigned Middle Click as sort of a no-op action so I could test it without losing that functionality, which I use a lot. I know from previous experience that exactly what the action is doesn't matter; it's the trigger recognition that's the problem.

Thanks