BTT & Native OS X Brightness/Volume Slider

Hey everybody!

First of all, I'm new to this forum (just signed up a minute ago) and that's my first message here. Nice to meet you all!
Also, I'm not a coder and almost understand nothing in how all that magic stuff works (I'm not familiar with apple script at all). BUT, I was completely SHOCKED, when I spent a whole day, looking over different presets, searching info on web, trying to find a solution in BTT settings and tutorials.. and never got lucky.

So, to the point: I can't believe there's no way to set up standard brightness and volume sliders in a touch bar (it's one of the most useful things a touch bar may have). Yes, I'm talking about the one you just have to touch and then you can slide without releasing, adjusting the brightness/volume.

I need it SO MUCH that I think I'll just throw away my preset I was creating for 2 days and will stop using BTT if you guys will tell me it's impossible, cos that damn slider is really fancy!

Please, broes and mates, tell me there's a solution:))
Cheers!

P.S. English isn't my native language, so sorry in advance, for any mistakes I might have made.

1 Like

That's not possible in BTT.
You might however e.g. use two/three finger swipe gestures on the Touch Bar for brightness and volume.

But why, Andreas??

Such a simple thing and they can't code it?

How come?? :frowning:

1 Like

It's not simple.

It may come in a future update, but the priority for this is currently not very high.

Also, bro, maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I've installed this preset:

and there already are gestures for brightness/volume and nothing works. I just put two or three thingers starting to slide and the touch bar image turns just into a thin strip and no more reaction. How do I use it?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hey @Ro_your_bro, another user also had the same issue. He resolved it by deleting and re-adding the same gesture, and it somehow worked. Perhaps you can try that :slight_smile:

Hey mate!

Yes, that's exactly what has worked out for me :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Also, bro, if there's a chance, please try to take a look at my question at this thread: Minimalist: A clean and intuitive touchbar preset

Thanks!

Isn’t this possible with Custom Sliders?