Minimalist: A clean and intuitive touchbar preset (Catalina update)

HEY EVERYONE!

New version v2.3 is out!!

Hopefully this version addresses some of the problems you guys are facing! And I've also added support and stablised certain features such as True Tone.

Do let me know if there's anything you want to know, thanks again for the support! :slight_smile:

Hi tmxgkh : great job thank you, it helps me very much. How do you get macOs 's icons like volume down or mute ? I didn't find then on the net. Thanks for any help.

David

Hey, love the preset it's definitely my favorite, even over what I've created personally. I can't get the gesture controls to work, though. I removed the 4 finger gestures, and changed the 2 finger gestures to keyboard illumination. None of the gestures work though (3 and 2 finger). Any suggestions?

edit: I just deleted and re-added the gestures :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi David, you can check out @yuuiko's Native Apple Icon Pack for BTT

Great to know you're loving it!

Hi tmxgkh this is exactly what I was looking for : thank you very much !

David

Hey tmxgkh!

First of all - thank you very much for the preset, for me it's the best base I've found here.

Though, I've got a question relating the itunes "currently playing track" widget - is there a chance to code so it has an option to switch to next track? I'm pretty much sure you know how to do it :slight_smile:

Or maybe anybody is able to help me out?

Thank you in advance!

Best,
Roman

1 Like

Hey @Ro_your_bro, I'm not exactly sure if this is what you mean. But you could try switching the Predefined Action to Next.

See if this solves your issue, and let me know!

Yes, bro, that's exactly what I need (turned out to be so simple, lol), BUT, I need "Play/pause" button as well. So, perfectly, it would be like if a long tap runs "Next" button and a simple tap runs "Play/pause" as it is now. Is there a chance to code something like this? :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Tried to make this but it's not working :frowning:

Hey @Ro_your_bro, this preset should have already included the Play button which looks like this:

Just to check if the new update of BTT might have wonked out some the presets, check to see if the settings of the Now Playing Widget has the same settings as mine:

In my preset, my long press is coded to launch the Spotify app.

Let me know if the above solves your problem. Your touchbar should look like this at default:

When a song is played on Spotify:

Love the app. Works really well. Only issue is volume/brightness swipes aren't working for me. Any suggestions?

1 Like

Hi @William_Edmonds, glad you're enjoying it! This seems to be a recurring problem with some users, I suggest you delete them and re-add the gestures, it should work :slight_smile:

Hi! I love the preset thank you so much for making it. Pardon if that has been answered, I couldn't find it. Basically here's my problem:

Every time I quit Spotify or iTunes, the application automatically reopens. If I make the Spotify: Play/Pause: Script the problem goes away, so it must be having to do with that.

This is what it looks like FWIW:

if application "Spotify" is running then
tell application "Spotify"
if player state is playing then return "pause"
end tell
end if

if application "iTunes" is running then
tell application "iTunes"
end tell
end if

return "play"

Help! Thank you!!!!

Actually, maybe I've fixed it? I edited the script adding "try" and "end try" and it seems to be working!

if application "Spotify" is running then
tell application "Spotify"
try
end try
end tell
end if

if application "iTunes" is running then
tell application "iTunes"
try
end try
end tell
end if

return "play"

1 Like

Hey Daniel, so sorry for the late reply man!
Wasn't really keeping track with the notifications here for a while. Glad you found solution and that you're liking this preset. Thanks for the solution! I'll add it to the next update, cheers!

Thanks for this preset. Can you change this white long line, who shown while i tried to change brightness with three fingers?

More in this video https://streamable.com/76joo

Hi!

I came up with a double-tap solution:

https://community.folivora.ai/t/double-tap-scripting/9348

Let me know how it works for you,
J

Hey love the work man! This preset has been immensely useful.

I was wondering: is it possible to extend the "touch zone" for the "Now Playing" widget, so that it automatically fills the available space on the touchbar (i.e. past the song title + artist name)? I've found that it's kinda hard to develop muscle memory for that button since its "touch zone" is changing with the length of the song title + artist.

Best!

1 Like