BTT Clipboard Manager Using 16GB+ Storage

Hi there,

I am writing regarding an already documented issue in this thread.

The .BTTClipboardManager_SUPPORT folder keeps getting bigger in size (currently 15,48 Go), until I manually take the time to delete it. Here's my debug info.

Device information:

• Type of Mac: MacBook Pro (16-inch 2019)
  • macOS version: Ventura 13.0.1
  • BetterTouchTool version: 3.957
  • GoldenChaos version: 3.563

I mean if you copy big stuff it would be a large history file for the clipboard manager to keep - that pretty much works as intended. As described in the other thread you could lower the history retention time, have you tried that?

Currently BTT does not limit the amount of data it keeps in history, just the number of days the data is kept

Hi Andreas,

I would quite like to disable this function all together, if that is possible.
As I stade in the other thread, using Golden Chaos, I can’t figure out where is the setting to "Clear All History" or "Keep items for X days"…

Best!

you would just need to remove the clipboard manager widget from golden chaos, then restart BTT.

Alternatively you can create a keyboard shortcut that triggers the „show clipboard/pasteboard history“ action. In the window that opens when triggering this action you have various settings to manage the behavior.

Strangely, I've already toggled this off.

Alternatively you can create a keyboard shortcut that triggers the „show clipboard/pasteboard history“ action. In the window that opens when triggering this action you have various settings to manage the behavior.
That does indeed bring me to the window I was looking for!

Thanks a lot for the quick replies, really appreciate it!