BTT 2.69x discussion - Problems with new features

It definitely imported correctly, but the buttons still don't work. None of them show up when modifier keys are held:

Here's my working copy of GC-BTT, maybe you could set the Notification Center Key in the Menu Bar activation group properly and I can go from there? I feel like there's a bug in here somewhere, haha. GoldenChaos-BTT.bttpresetcompressed.bttpresetcompressed (19.2 MB)

How do you want the notification center widget to behave?

Ah I think I see.
The problem is that you'd need to change all the items you have in the global section configured. Unfortunately that was the only way to implement this change without breaking existing stuff.

Have a look at this modification (I didn't change everything yet, but it should show the idea):
goldenchaostest.bttpreset (34.4 MB)

1 Like

Aha, I see now! I have it working properly. Thank you :smiley: now I can go and update everything.

awesome!
If you run into issues, let me know.

I think it will make your preset more maintainable and also more performant than the old version.

1 Like

2.681 appears to have broken "Also show in any Touch Bar group that is opened." It was working on 2.67x but now my widgets that have that toggled don't stick around when I open a Touch Bar group.

Can confirm this is happening on my machine too.

I just tested two different builds. In regards to "sticky" buttons btt2.681.zip works correctly. btt2.681b.zip does not.

Interesting, I'll look into it later. It seemed to work with the test preset I posted above, but maybe there is something special in that.

Should be fixed in v2.682!

Yep, it's fixed! That knocks out all the big issues I've seen so far.

Now I get to refactor all the settings scripts yayyyyy

My Conditional Activation groups with 'activeTouchBarGroup' conditions within them keep resetting themselves.......

I'm not sure how to send you something that would help you figure this one out. Let me know what you need!

It seems to happened on preset switch just then, to an older version of AQT where the new conditions were not present. Interestingly though, all conditions were erased, not just the new conditions.

@Andreas_Hegenberg

Have you seen the above? It's still happening to me right now. All touchbar group conditions seem to disappear on preset switch!

I tried to reproduce this, but were unable to or maybe I misunderstand something.
If you can reproduce this it would be great if you'd go to the about tab in BTT and click the "Export Debug Information" button. This will create a folder called BetterTouchToolDebug on your desktop that you can send to me (andreas@folivora.ai)

I did have A LOT of conitions of that kind set. Something like:

Reddit
Facebook
SoundCloud
SoundCloud Download
Google Docs
More Formats
Comments
Spelling
Google Drive
Kahoot.it
YouTube
Download Question

I'll see what I can do to reproduce specifically

Switching to some older version of the same preset (possibly same uuids, although the importer should automatically assign new ones if duplicates happen) could maybe lead to problems. @GoldenChaos always recommends to delete any previous versions of the same preset.

But just switching presets doesn't seem to break things:

Ah I do have older versions loaded, as well as a heap of other user-modded variations. Maybe these which don't have the new stuff set is rewriting the new one when changing the preset. I'll see how I can get around that!

That could be. I'll try to reproduce this.

It's getting worse, some apps are completley disappearing.

My mistake probably, I was deleting irrelevant stuff from the other users AQT variations so I can more easily merge them, but some things on my version are disappearing as well. It seems to correlate to what I've deleted but only some are going away.

Luckily I have backups though, but it will be a bit annoying to redo the CAgroup rules. At least I didn't loose much.

BTT also create automatic updates when updating to a new version.
They are located in ~/Library/Application Support/BetterTouchTool

(renaming the old files to match the new current version schema will restore the backup)