Big Sur - observation Thread

I thought to create this Thread, if @Andreas_Hegenberg is ok with it, to give a feedback for any bug/trouble found related to the latest macOS Big Sur Beta - if he agrees of course.

I am running into an issue whereby some snap areas do not function. If I move the app into the snap area, no outline appears, and no snap occurs. However, most snap areas do work. Upon reboot, the snap areas that were not functioning may work normally; however, a different snap area may now not function. (In other words, upon each reboot, different snap areas fail to work.)

Restarting BTT makes no difference. I have tried removing and re-adding all the applications for each snap area, but I have not tried recreating the snap areas.

BTT has all required Security & Privacy privileges, and the helper tool is installed.

Running BTT 3.400 (1629) on macOS 11.0 (20A5343j). I do have three displays. The snap areas worked with three displays under Catalina.

Toggling of DND doesn’t seem to be working on the first public bête.

1 Like

Clipboard manager visibility issue: it is hard to see what clipboard history item is selected. (using Big Sur public beta 1 running in Dark mode)

Update: I recreated one of the snap areas that is not working, and it still does not work. In case it is relevant, the app is 1Password.

After a few restarts, it appears all my snap areas are working except for 1Password.

I have deleted and recreated the snap area and tried it on different displays. It refuses to snap in Big Sur.

However, as a workaround I have created a keyboard shortcut to trigger the snap, and that works.

"Captures Screenshot then Edit in BTT" Isn't working in Big Sur public Beta. The capture works correctly, as does the edit, but when I click Done, the edit window goes blank and when I attempt to save the output the steps are normal, but no file is saved? I manually replicate the process and that works correctly, so the problem is apparently in the BTT script.

The Now Playing widget is completely out of order if music is streamed via Apple Music (if the song was not added to the Library yet).

@Andreas_Hegenberg :wink:

I think that's a bug in Big Sur (the notifications are sent in wrong order) - pretty sure that will be fixed in one of the next betas.

I plan to switch my main system to Big Sur with the next beta - if it's not fixed then I'll look for workarounds.

1 Like
Imprint | Privacy Policy