BetterTouchTool Hotkeys Ignored After MacBook Wakes from Sleep in Full-Screen Mode

Hello everyone,

I am encountering an issue with the BetterTouchTool application on my MacBook. The problem seems to happen whenever my MacBook wakes from sleep mode. Here's a detailed explanation of the situation.

I have enabled FN keys on my MacBook by default and have also configured some of these FN keys to control various functions like brightness, volume, etc. using BetterTouchTool. This setup usually works perfectly.

However, when I wake up my MacBook, if the current application is in full-screen mode, BetterTouchTool hotkeys are not recognized or function as intended. It's like they are being completely ignored, and I cannot use them to control brightness, volume, or perform other custom actions.

I found a workaround for this issue, but it's a bit inconvenient. To get the hotkeys to respond again, I have to switch from the current desktop and click once anywhere on my desktop background. This temporary fix enables the hotkeys to function correctly again, but the problem repeats every time I close and then open the MacBook lid.

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem, and if so, are there any permanent solutions to it? This issue can be quite disruptive, especially when I have to frequently switch between full-screen apps and the desktop.

Any guidance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

• Type of Mac: MacBook Pro M1 Max
  • macOS version: Ventura 13.4.1 (22F82)
  • BetterTouchTool version: 4.157

Quick question: does it start working if you disable & reenable BetterTouchTool using the menubar icon? Or maybe even just when clicking the menubar icon?

Yes, it is working again after disable or re-enable BetterTouchTool using the menu bar icon.
Clicking on the menu bar icon does not fix the issue.
Sometimes It is easy to reproduce that way:

1. Open YouTube video in full screen and put that on pause
  2. close MacBook lid
  3. open MacBook lid and BetterTouchTools hotkeys doesn't work unless desktop clicked or the app restarted